ad: elecraft

Call Sign Not Recognized

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WZ4SAM, Dec 29, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WZ4SAM

WZ4SAM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to amatuer radio, and just received my call sign this morning from the FCC. When I registered for my QRZ account this morning, it says that I am not a registered ham and that my call sign was not in the QRZ database. Do I just need to wait another day for the database to update because my call sign is so new? My call sign is KK7QFL, and I have verified that my call sign is appearing in the ULS.

KF5KWO likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the new license!

Just give it a day or two for your info to auto-populate into QRZ from the FCC ULS feed. Sometimes it takes a few days

Dave
    W7UUU

AD0RS and WZ4SAM like this.
  3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You're good to go now. Let us know via PM (we call it Conversation) if you need anything. Moderators are here to help. Welcome and thank you for electing the Premium Subscription. Enjoy!

KL7KN likes this.
  4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@KK7QFL
    Welcome aboard to this great hobby! 73, bill

K8VHL likes this.
  5. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks, OB! Couldn't help but notice you dodged a big one with your call sign. There was a recent thread regarding "QLF". I wish you a lot of enjoyment with Amateur Radio.

6. KJ5EBC

KJ5EBC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having the same issue. I got my call sign from the FCC this morning. I'm not sure how quick the process QRZ takes to approve my call sign.

My call sign is KJ5EBC.

Any help would be appreciative.

73, Larry

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Give it a couple of days.

8. AD0RS

AD0RS Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ does not appear to support GMRS license call signs.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

That's correct. QRZ is a ham radio site.

I'm sure there are GMRS and probably FRS sites out there that have a database for those services but not here

Dave
    W7UUU

AD0RS likes this.
  10. KJ5FKC

KJ5FKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm hesitant to even try to make any more contacts until my call sign shows up on QRZ, it seems to be the go-to search on initial contact to verify a call sign. I've already been questioned on the couple I did make on why me call sign is not showing in QRZ. Will people even confirm the contact a few days later when I can access my logbook and enter the information? I really appreciate the site and the work that goes into maintaining it.

David
    KJ5FKC

KF5KWO likes this.
  11. K8VHL

There is a database conflict caused by manually entering a USA callsign. To resolve this, please log out of QRZ on all your devices and then log back in on your computer using the same password. This will give you full access to your account and Logbook.

12. KJ5FKC

KJ5FKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, tried just now. Seems blocked until my call sign is recognized? It could be just operator error also... ME!

13. K8VHL

Did you fully log out or just close the application?
    @KJ5FKC

EDIT - Belay that. See next post.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  14. K8VHL

Are you in Kerrville, TX? If so, your information has not yet been forwarded to QRZ by the FCC ULS. We expect to receive that later today or by Monday. You can check by entering your callsign in the Callsign Lookup Search box at the top of this and most other QRZ pages. Do the log out/log back in routine once it appears there.

15. K8VHL

Glad it is squared away.