ad: k1jek

Call search box losing focus

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by AD5HQ, Mar 9, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AD5HQ

AD5HQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone noticed that once you type in a call to search, the search box is no longer in focus?

At one time, you could search one call after another, but lately it seems that has changed. After a search returns a result, you have to mouse back into the search box to search a new call.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Noticed it. Started a few weeks ago.
    Otherwise it works as normal so no complaint.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

A few weeks ago, Google did a whole slew of updates all in a row that changed aspects of page focus. QRZ engineers kept zigging and zagging to keep up with the changes. It's all related to that. QRZ found a stasis where it's "working reasonably well" and left it there.

It's a Google thing not a QRZ thing. Other browsers won't have that issue.

Dave
    W7UUU

AD5HQ likes this.
  4. KP4SX

Using Firefox here. 123.0.1

5. AD5HQ

AD5HQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Dave. When you say "a google thing...other browsers..." are you referring to Google Chrome?

@KP4SX - you say you're using Firefox. Do you experience the change in focus or not?

73s

6. KP4SX

Not "focus" in a visual sense. :) But I do have to move the mouse back to the box for each successive lookup. Didn't use to be that way.
    I often go thru my log looking up QSL info and now its an extra mouse-click whereas before it (cursor) defaulted to the entry box.