ad: Mountaingoat-1

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No... but they sure MIGHT hear you AND get the USCG with the helicopters and cutters to your Soggy Butt faster.... OR another guy on a private boat to you even faster than that!

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

So how does the HOA regulate the antenna on the private boat out in the same sea as I am? o_O

Do you think this stuff through before you write it down? ;)

3. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

You haven't taken your test yet.

But Schooled You Shall Be Again:

"As has been said many times, the benefit of the antenna is only to the user (and there are viable alternatives). To the tens of millions of HOA neighbors, not so much."

No.... You've got it WRONG, again!

The basic PREMISE of an Antenna benefits a Sender AND a Receiver, and the benefit of HOA Busybodies to the rest of the world? Not So Much.

Now, go take your test.

And report back to us when it's done.
    And, no fooling around with your Buddies until it's done!

4. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At this point nobody is going to change their minds and yes we all agree to disagree that whoever wants ARPA will get ARPA Which is stuck in a bill that the only way to jar it loose would be for the bill not be there anymore and I don’t think that’s gonna happen folks because it’s on a must pass bill. This thing has about as much chance of failing as the moon does Of crashing into the Pacific Ocean!

5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Be careful what you wish for. ;)

6. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep...That's about the size of it.

Also, that "Someone" has STILL not taken his test yet, and "Someone Else" on a sailboat is half crocked, and has gotten too much Sun!

7. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't have the authority to give orders ("tests") to anyone here.

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm beginning to think your senility has a firm grip. I don't have a problem with our HOA and, more importantly, neither does it appear anyone else does as no one is complaining. Wrap your head around that dilemma.

WA7PRC likes this.
  9. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

One more crack like THAT, and I'm sending you to your room!

10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Soon, you won't be able to keep track of your own bowel movements. But... you won't care! See? Even in Senility...you've just got to look for the Silver Lining...

11. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost anywhere you're not is OK with me. Better yet, I suggest you go away. Mad is OK. :p

12. N5PZJ

I wish There were two different thread’s one for the pro-ARPA and one for the Anti ARPA Where people could discuss this and not trying to argue whether this or that but could discuss the bill without the rhetoric and therefore people could look at it and say this is what it will do and not be a Debbie downer or the Debbie downers can go to their corner and just tell themselves how bad it all going to be and not have to fuss with the pro ARPA folks.

13. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

I"m going to make you stay after and write Part 97 on the blackboard if you keep it up.

14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

What I'm REALLY Looking FORWARD to is the Passage of this Bill into Law... and then:

GOTA!

No, not Get On The Air...

GLOATFEST On The Air!

N5PZJ likes this.
  15. N5PZJ

Watch out, on da Zed, Trying to debate ARPA There is like wrestling with the pigs, You get filthy and muddy and they like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.