ad: ProAudio-1

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

That was one of the issues in the case.

Another separate issue was the "reasonable accommodation" requirement, which was decided as I described. If you had read the case history you would know that.
    That's okay, because the court precedent has been set. The argument against "reasonable accommodation" was made and it succeeded. You can deny that all you want, but the court record recorded it.

2. KK5JY

You crack me up. :)

You're arguing for a rule change that has already been shown to be ineffective for HF antennas. You are arguing for a "reasonable accommodation" rule that has already been shown in court to work against the ham it was supposed to protect.

Well done. :)

3. KK5JY

People who mock an argument without offering an argument of their own have already lost the argument.

4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

But you think it's acceptable for you to tell HOA residents what we should do.

Are you able to understand the concept of irony?

5. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m afraid you’ll be giving CPR to a lot of folks on here on this bill passes. All the misery, oh the humanity.

KC8VWM likes this.
  6. KK5JY

People who mock an argument without offering an argument of their own have already lost the argument.

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

One point for disingenuous. None for not living in an HOA. That's a failing grade by any measure.
    You lost this debate weeks ago with some monumentally insulting comments.

8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes...this is True.
    But People who lack an argument have already lost the argument.

KC8VWM likes this.
  9. KK5JY

So what's your argument again?? o_O

10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure would be a shame if you got in trouble on that sailboat, and a Ham in an HOA who couldn't have an antenna didn't hear your Distress Call!

Now THAT would be Irony.

About as Ironic as a Ham being an HOA Apologist Lap Doggie.

12. KK5JY

If you get in trouble on a sailboat, you send a DCS distress call on a marine GMDSS emergency channel, so that the Coast Guard can hear you directly.

13. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

No. IMO, ARRL wants to attract more paying members customers, and more ad revenue. to them, it's all about the money. But, it looks better to their base if they use a different excuse... even if the excuse isn't currently valid.

• Like you and most others, I mostly just WANT to be on the air. There's no real need (for me or for the public). So, I quickly/easily found one of the ≈75% of properties w/o restrictions.
    Formatting added to disrespectful comment.
    I don't know that you're privy to information no one else seems to have.
    Yep. You do that often.
    Bizarre. o_O

14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

And most likely get responded to sooner by the Ham Maritime net.
    Saw a youtube example of this (while I was studying for the GMDSS Operator/Maintainer licence)

Irony.

If only the Titanic would have carried a can of FlexSeal....

15. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you taken your Quiz yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.