ad: elecraft

Amateur Radio contacts between Georgia and Russia cease

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. 4L2M

4L2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Please stop!

I would like to say to everybody:
    No any Georgian Amateur able to damage relations with other Amateurs, including Russians too.
    We do not want to consider this topic in the political phase, you too. We very well know, that HAM Radio it is not in the politic business. I remember the situation in the 1980 (Moscow Olympic Games period), after Afghanistan occupation by Russian forces. Many of the 'West' European Countries and USA also did the same, ceased participation in Moscow Olympic Games. You would like to say, it was political decision? I think no. It was protest to the Russian occupation.
    After Russian occupation of Georgia, especially everyday on the all Amateurs radio bands, Russian Amateurs creating interferences to Georgian Amateurs. Plus they are saying:
    - The Russian soldiers must be delete all Georgian People;
    - We must kill you;
    - We must send Russian tanks to Tbilisi;
    - It is very good that our planes bombing Georgia;
    - Abkhazia and South Ossetia it is not Georgia and all Georgian must be leave these territory.
    - We must sent all Georgian Citizens from Russia;
    - We hait Georgia;
    - Saakashvili is an American spy;
    ...and more and more.
    Would you answer, it is acceptable?
    Unfortunately I have not see one other Russian Amateurs who refused Russian Amateurs unfriendly relations to the Georgian Amateurs.
    Unfortunately nobody could stop Russian Amateurs and right now also.
    We, Georgian Amateurs do not want to have bad relations with Russian Amateurs, but please stop it.

My Best regards to everybody.

Mamuka Kordzakhia, 4L2M

2. RW3AH

RW3AH Ham Member QRZ Page

Re:

Dear Mamuka!

I know how's difficult to thinking different. Double difficult if you staying now in Tbilisi. Also I suspect that Official Georgian HAM Radio Liga's position is not the same as you are.

If I'll call you on the HAM Bands, I am sure that you'll reply to me, because we are friends.

You take care my friend. And God bless Georgia all your family and frineds!

73 rw3ah

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

"QUOTE Are YOU in that situation? No offense, but it's NOT an Amateur Radio issue, and should NOT be made a political issue in which Amateur Radio is made to suffer. Why not blame the politicians (on BOTH SIDES,) and not the Radio Amateurs?

Granted, time WILL tell. And I believe I said that all the facts are not available to the public, at least not at the present time. But how does demanding a cessation of Amateur contacts with ANY population world-wide serve innocent people, on whichever side? Was Amateur Radio the cause or in any way responsible for anyone's whose "time has come and gone?" OPr is this true censorship in it's ugliest manifestation?

I hate to even suggest whether the Amateur organization in Georgia may be under govermnent control, or their "Amateur" stations being merely puppet voices of their government. I hope and pray that is NOT true." UNQOUTE

Sorry if you just can't understand. I was saying that Amateur Radio should NOT be controlled or dictated to by government policies, but a ban demanded (or seemingly demanded) by a civilian organization against not just their own Amateurs, but for amateurs world-wide to boycott Amateurs in another country because of a political conflict is abhorrent to the entire concept of Amateur Radio, and has a political basis. It HAS no place in Amateur Radio.
    Now if you feel that taking no side other than saying politics have no place in demanding amateur activities (or restricting Amateur activities, even of uninvolved nations) than that's your right. If your opinion is correct, than the thread will be shut down. My comments have only been concerning Amateur Radio. If you feel the entire subject is "too political," then it should have been killed when first posted If you feel otherwise, you may well want to take it up with the moderators. Perhaps they don't agree with your view.

4. 4L2M

4L2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Andy,
    Unfortunately it was not easy qusetion for you as you could not answer.
    At first I need you to know fortunately no every members from the League finks so as you are.
    Second, we are talking about official organization National Associations Radio amateurs of Georgia.
    Please do not try to make opposite between Georgian Amateurs here.
    Third, could you do something for stopping some Russian Amateurs, do not attack Georgian Amateurs and do not saying ####'s to the my Country?.

5. RW3AH

Dear Mamuka!

1) Please remember that NOT EVERY russian is bozo or bad guy.

2) This case on the Bands that you're faced recently is an exceptional case. Crazy people live all around the World and not just in Russia.

3) I am not sure that all Georgian HAM's were agreed with official Georgian HAM Radio League position. This is an official point of view and I am respect this position as well. However I understand that during this time is too difficult have a right choice. Also I understand why. Just time can able to fix it.

5) Politics it is a dirty business.

IMHO.
    I have never believed and I do not think until now that all Georgians enemies.
    Friendship must cherish and appreciate it. Think about it.

73 & you take care
    Andrey

6. K1DA

K1DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Russia, USA yea sure we are all the same

I would like to remind the America loathers and Bush haters that the good ole worker's paradise USSR invaded and for all intents and purposes annexed Georgia in the 20's
    so it is perhaps understandable that Georgia, now free, a democracy, and FAR less corrupt than mother Russia isn't that fond of Vlad the Impaler and company. In addition, I am SO glad you believe everything you read but I am not satisfied as to WHO started this little disargeement. I suspect that the order went out from Vlad to his boys to stirr up enough trouble to cause the Georgians to make a dangerous misstep. Now, Vlad the Impaler & Co. want to control Christian buffer states between themselves and the Muslums they fear AND they want the price of oil to stay high as it is about the only thing propping up their JOKE of an economy. It is easy to place this all in an America Hating (until you need us again) context but some of us don't buy that.

7. 4L2M

4L2M Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope. I have more few friends in Russia, but and want to 'good guys' do something for stopping stupids.
    [/QUOTE]
    2) This case on the Bands that you're faced recently is an exceptional case. Crazy people live all around the World and not just in Russia.
    [/QUOTE]
    No any other Amateurs from other Countries saying 'MUST KILL ALL GEORGIAN PEOPLE'.
    [/QUOTE]
    3) I am not sure that all Georgian HAM's were agreed with official Georgian HAM Radio League position. This is an official point of view and I am respect this position as well. However I understand that during this time is too difficult have a right choice. Also I understand why. Just time can able to fix it.
    [/QUOTE]
    Sorry but it is not to somebody business how many Georgians thinks so and how.
    [/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    I am sorry, but no.
    [/QUOTE]
    IMHO.

73 & you take care
    Andrey[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    Not all Georgian are enemies? Somebody are enemies of Russia? Because Russians thinks N1 enemies of Russia is USA and second enemies is Georgia.
    I think UA4HBW, RZ3CC, RA1AG does not thinks so.

Andy, I think minimum what you do, please call for all Russian Amateurs stop to send ####S to the Georgian People. I think it is a easy, what you can do.

8. KC4GFW

KC4GFW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes I am taking no sides in politics and amateur radio activity.

KA9INV sums up my opinion nicely.

We all know what the amateur rules are and yes every ham in the world should be fostering international goodwill.

But I was willing to leave this thread open for Andy and Mamuka to work out a dialogue.

But after reading this, yes the thread now needs to be closed.

If it is not closed the owner and staff of QRZ.COM are not honoring there "No Political Rule" and it is a dead horse. And we should reinstate the political forums.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  9. RW3AH

Мамука!

Похоже, что главная цель в этом конфликте досигнута - посеять вражду и ненависть между двумя некогда дружными народами. Более того, одного вероисповедания.

Этим сукам оно еще аукнится.

QUOTE=4L2M;1323802]I hope. I have more few friends in Russia, but and want to 'good guys' do something for stopping stupids.
    [/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    No any other Amateurs from other Countries saying 'MUST KILL ALL GEORGIAN PEOPLE'.
    [/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    Sorry but it is not to somebody business how many Georgians thinks so and how.
    [/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    I am sorry, but no.
    [/QUOTE]
    IMHO.

73 & you take care
    Andrey[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    Not all Georgian are enemies? Somebody are enemies of Russia? Because Russians thinks N1 enemies of Russia is USA and second enemies is Georgia.
    I think UA4HBW, RZ3CC, RA1AG does not thinks so.

Andy, I think minimum what you do, please call for all Russian Amateurs stop to send ####S to the Georgian People. I think it is a easy, what you can do.[/QUOTE]

10. MM0SGQ

MM0SGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

11. K1DA

K1DA Ham Member QRZ Page

truth

Apparently KR4EY doesn't like the truth when he hears it. Or, perhaps history is something OTHERS read in books.

12. KC4GFW

KC4GFW Ham Member QRZ Page

If you put it in a more civilized manor, it would have been alot nicer. But I see your hands work independently from your pea-brain. And yes, I would rather read it in books than to read the crap you write.

13. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's put it in a more analogous context.

It's a bit like California. California wants to break away from the USA. And because the majority of its citizens are Mexican, Mexico jumps in and tries to annex it. (OK, I know, they already have, but we're pretending, here.)

So the USA gets a bit mad and tells Mexico to go fly a Corona Cerveza. Mexico doesn't, so the USA invades California to make it remain a part of us. (Yeah, dumb, sure, but that's the way the ball crumbles.)

As we try to recapture California, Mexico tosses a full scale Guerra at us, saying "nope, California is now mine."

Well, we could say "Yeah, suits us just fine," but we don't. We decide to keep California. After all, it does have some movie stars. So we send in the troops to force California to become part of the USA again. After all, they do have a few fast cars, and faster women.

But Mexico says "most Californians son Latinas, and are there illegally anyway, so they belong to us."

In the process, California tells its hams not to talk to Mexican hams. Mexico says "Por que?" And the US says "we don't care. Talk away."

Yep. I think I understand it better now.

Viva Tecate!

14. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

15. 4L2M

4L2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.