ad: UR5CDX-1

A question of credibility and integrity.

Discussion in 'Policies, Guidelines and Terms of Use' started by N6YG, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Corey perception is not reality.

My sig line is not political if anything it is patriotic including the recently added part warning those to watch their leaders.
    You confuse patriotism with politics.
    It's apparent the staff and management of QRZ doesn't along with all but you and maybe one other member.

They're okay with that,
    I'm okay with that.
    why is such a small issue carry so much weight with you?
    Or is it that you don't like me so much?

2. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably because you have no hard evidence to back up your claims. Besides, you obviously don't like the way this board is run, so why are you still here?

3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel the same way you do. It's generic, and correct by the way.

Circling back to N6YG, "Oh... the DRAMA!" :D

4. AF6LJ

Fred;
    I like that C. S. Lewis quote.

5. K5FH

K5FH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanx. 'Ol C.S. was quite perceptive.

6. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Yeah , that's it . The Amish mom won't let her son be a ham radio op because of somethin' she read while surfing the internet . Do ya have a #)(&!* clue what all is wrong with that statement ?????

7. AF6LJ

I feel fortunate to be born here, not entitled.
    Members of my family have been in the armed forces and law enforcement on both the local and federal levels.
    The majority of the family arrived here poor a few were born here and have roots that go back further than anybody knows. I contributed to this country's defense in the eighties and some of that work went to support our nuclear deterrent. I did what I could to give back to a country that has been good to me my family our friends.
    So Damned Right;
    I'm a Flag waving American.

8. W5RB

W5RB Guest

Shoot , my avatar got booted , and it was just a pic of a lovely tropical beach.......

9. AF6LJ

They also could be Holy Roller the fundamentalists of that religion have a beef with radio and TV.
    An acquaintance of mine lived in a Holy Roller family. They are great folk, these were very independent.
    My first experience eating wild Bear, Duck and several other eatables was with them at Sunday supper.
    Oh and they lived here in SanDiego.
    Anybody who knows who the El Cajon Goat Lady was they lived two blocks over from there.

10. K9STH/SK

K9STH/SK QRZ Member QRZ Page

As far as I am concerned, this thread will be locked, probably sometime tomorrow as I posted several pages back. However, it will not be deleted. By that time everyone who really wants to can get their "licks" in. I just remind those who do comment to obey the rules of the road.

Whether or not someone voluntarily leaves this site is purely up to the individual. Those few who have been banned have definitely been banned for good reason. In fact, those who have been banned have been given several chances to redeem themselves, often after "begging" to be reinstated, and then have immediately started violating the rules. Some of those individuals have caused further problems because they just wanted to cause problems and some of those individuals just could not control their emotions and their fingertips. I say control their fingertips because we are communicating through a written media. If we were actually conversing then I would say that they just could not control their mouth.

As for not getting an answer within minutes of posting a question, the answer to that is very simple: QRZ.com does NOT have a staff of paid individuals who's primary function is to answer questions. Sometimes, if someone just happens to read the thread containing the question within just a few minutes of its posting, then the question is answered in a very short time. However, even if the question is read, there might not be someone with the proper knowledge to answer the question for some time. There have been occasions where a particular question did not get answered for 2 or 3 days. Then, there are those persons who ask a question and within 5 minutes are posting again lamenting the fact that no one has offered a solution to their problem. Often the question is asked either during working hours or late at night/early in the morning when the vast majority of QRZ.com users are just not available. Those persons must realize that the world does not revolve around them!

Yes, there are those who participate on QRZ.com that, over the years, have read the same, usually simple, questions time after time after time. Eventually, some of those people do get a little "terse" with their answers. Sometimes I have to "bite my fingertips" to keep me from making a not-so-kind remark because in the "goode olde dayes" the answer to the question was known by virtually every Novice Class licensee. But, I have to realize that times have changed and that even though the answer would have been known in the past by even those newly licensed, that the present FCC requirements are such and that many newcomers just don't have a "clue" as to the correct answer or even how to find the answer. Too many people have become used to "instant gratification" and those people expect an instant answer to their question, etc. I do not begrudge newcomers for not having to pass the examinations that I passed. That is just a fact of life. However, I do question the "me first" attitude that, unfortunately, many of the younger generation has acquired. Of course, not everyone has the "me first" attitude. But, there are still a lot of persons who do have this attitude.

As for determining what is "political" and what is not "political", Fred has set up some general guidelines. However, to keep the posts free of political comments that discretion is left up to the individual moderator or staff member. Again, I am probably the most lenient of any of the moderators or other staff members and I do allow some leeway in the posts that others might not. But, when I determine that, in my opinion, that a post is political, I will take action.

A parallel to this might be to a baseball umpire. One thing that is absolutely not subject to debate is the calling of strikes and balls. This will often result in the player/manager being "thrown out" of the game when debating that call by the umpire. Such is the situation here on QRZ.com. Debating a "judgment call" made by a moderator or staff member is not going to help your position. You may disagree and that is your right. It is fine to respectfully contact a moderator or staff member by private message and state your case or ask questions. However, I definitely do not recommend "going off the deep end", getting profane, making demands, etc. Doing so will almost always result in an unfavorable outcome.

Again, it is my determination that the thread will remain open until, at least, tomorrow. At just what time it is locked I have no idea, because I do have other things to do than just babysit QRZ.com.

Glen, K9STH
    Head Moderator QRZ.com

11. KC0YEJ

KC0YEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KC0YEJ for Moderator! Vote 'YEJ! He may not do any moderating, but he takes the rotten tomatoes with STYLE!

Brian

P.S. Does that count as political if you're running for Moderator of a site with a no-politics rule? ;)

12. AF6LJ

Glen;
    Is is alright to say this thread is like a strong laxative.
    If not just delete it, no big deal :)

13. NQ6U

NQ6U Ham Member QRZ Page

Sadly, probably not.

14. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gotta give it long enough for the palm-tree crowd to get their 15 seconds of fame here, so they can be heros back at the swamp.

15. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's funny stuff right there!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.