ad: QSLWorks-1

13 Colonies

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K5UYN, Jun 28, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I heard him - he's also slowed WAY down. He was running probably 30+ yesterday but today right at or slightly under 20, AND working split! I'm thinking someone reached out to him

By the last day I'm sure he will be fairly reachable I should think - especially being mid-week with a lot of folks at work

Dave
    W7UUU

W1VKE likes this.
  2. K5UYN

K5UYN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just made it to the end of my log and WOW clean sweep finally -and my broom is tired! Thought field day had some bad pileups!!! Thanks to all who organize and congrats to all the operators on another FUN event! 73!

N8SAN likes this.
  3. N8SAN

N8SAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Who was the TM13COL station? Not on my log sheet as a bonus.

4. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just can't catch a break with propogation for GB13Col or TM13Col again this year. Wish I had a better antenna. Then again pileups are brutal to get through....

Still need 4 of the colonies (A,B,F,H). SSB has been tough the last couple of days on 20 and 40. Having fun so far and even my 6 year old has shown interest when I show her on the map where France is compared to us. She doesn't get my infatuation for a clean sweep. Ha ha!

K5UYN, WE1G and W1VKE like this.
  5. N8SAN

I haven't seen F or H even being spotted! My last 2.

6. KJ7ZEI

F was my toughest and last one to get last year. Seems like it may be tough to sweep this year. 20 and 40 are lousy again today.

K5UYN and N8SAN like this.
  7. N8SAN

F was my first last year, and my last year before.

I've tuned to a station I can barley hear and turn the volume up, then when I hear him booming upstairs, I know the band opened!

K5UYN likes this.
  8. KJ7ZEI

I had to leave the house last night when TM13COL was on 3's. Was supposed to be a quick trip down the street. It wasn't. By the time I got back he was on 2's and the propogation was bad.

Maybe I'll try the turning up the volume thing and leave the shack door open whilst I play with my kiddos outside today....

K5UYN likes this.
  9. KC3NDU

KC3NDU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Geez. I need K2M on ssb for a triple play clean sweep. Go figure. My own state!

K5UYN and KJ7ZEI like this.
  10. K5UYN

11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Senmartin Didier in France (F5OGL)

EXCELLENT CW operator.

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2022-7-6_10-27-10.png

N2EY and K5UYN like this.
  12. K5UYN

Keep it up! Got em all on 100 W and a wire but this late in the event you have to “work” for them! The thrill of the chase! Best of luck and 73- K5UYN

13. W7UUU

The last day (today!) will likely be CRUSHING pileups as those desperate to get "the last one I need" will be out in force!

Dave
    W7UUU

K5UYN likes this.
  14. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

K2H was on 15 CW this morning. I worked them for the clean sweep at 1707 UTC on 21.030.1. That was about a half hour ago. Saw them reported at about the same time on 15 FT8.

Good luck! It was fun and still is as I am chasing different modes and bands just for grins...

K5UYN likes this.
  15. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave, has anyone heard from Pat lately?