ad: BerryVille-1

Social Platform for Ham Radio Operetors.

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by TA3NHI, Mar 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. TA3NHI

TA3NHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, now I understand what you mean by platform.

hamsignal.net does not use an open source structure like phpbb or wordpress as infrastructure.
    It is a specially developed software.
    It uses linux and nginx web engine running on an unshared server.
    PHP uses many front-end and back-end languages, including the native language.

It uses MySql as the database, but the passwords are encrypted with a special algorithm and stored in the system.

We also use infrastructures such as CloudFlare and Amazon s3.

TA4Q, TA2AEC and TA2KW like this.
  2. TA3NHI

Let me tell you this.
    No data of monetary value is taken from the members who register on this site.
    Shares It is the data that you share with amateur radio on the air or on any site.
    For example, the rewards you receive, dxcluster shares, etc.
    Of course, everyone is free to become a member of the site as they wish. But on this forum you are trying to manipulate it by confusing yourself.
    You write and draw on your own without even entering the site once.

hamsignal.net A social networking site where we want amateur radio operators to focus only on the subject. Of course Facebook etc. amateur radio sharing can be done on the sites.
    However, these sites are open to everyone and we wanted a special platform for amateurs only.

In addition, we want to offer the services we receive from many different sites within this site 100% free of charge over time.

We have already implemented several modules and are continuing to develop them.

Of course, a website needs investment in its life cycle.
    We are committed to providing all services to Members free of charge with only the income we will receive from advertising and sponsorships.
    We also do not sell any user data.

Currently, there are google sponsor links on the site, but they are not annoying like billboards popping up from every corner. It comes across in very reasonable ways without bothering us.

With Google, the revenue of the site does not even cover 1% of the current costs of the site. We do this ourselves as our own voluntary service.

I hope it was clear enough for you and for those looking at the forum.

TA4Q, TA2KW and TA2AEC like this.
  3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Then why are you wasting your real estate with google ads.

Its very clear you are out to profit from this. If you were not out for profit you would not even have the google ads on it.
    Correct, you are playing games from the start. Your site requests a user sign up BEFORE they can view any of the content, that is one of the oldest tricks in the book.
    Its very clear you need some numbers regarding viewers so you can price the advertising.. That is the first clue you have an agenda to make your self rich like all the other social media sites.

You might want to read the fine print with your use of this site:
    Code:
    https://api.giphy.com/v1/gifs/search
    hamnet2.png

Do I need to continue on........

N6HCM likes this.
  4. TA3NHI

Does anyone around you say you're funny? Because you are.

TA2KW likes this.
  5. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Just the ones I have called out for having a false narrative / hidden agenda.

N6HCM likes this.
  6. TA2KW

TA2KW Ham Member QRZ Page

How much money did you get from www.qrz.com before you become a member of this site?

7. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm late to the game here, but what does this do that N other solutions don't do?

WF9Q likes this.
  8. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

ZERO.

I started using it many years before I realized the negative impact social media induces on the people of the world and how those people are being damaged / ripped off monetarily by social media sites.

Pretty sure the original intent of the this platform was to HELP the community, not sponge off of them.

N2EY likes this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did not read all the posts, not that much interested. Seems like the gist of the thread is someone wants to start some sort of social media site dedicated to ham radio. Go ahead.

10. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

none. in fact, I don't agree with a lot of what happens here (which is why I only visit once or twice weekly).

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question above. as you haven't answered, a reasonable assumption would be thst it doesn't do anything useful that isn't already being done elsewhere.

N2EY and WF9Q like this.
  11. KB0SAU

KB0SAU Ham Member QRZ Page

My thought: Can we use amateur radio to adopt multiple platforms for limited public.

The "owner" would be an amateur radio license who would be responsible to set rules, control access and be responsible for information sent. If a club owned the platform, club members could monitor and release information.

I am just thinking of ways to circumvent Big-Tech's censorship power.

Just thinking

William-kb0sau

12. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

You won't.

Look at what amazon did to Parlor (not sure if that is the correct spelling for that site). This site is on amazon servers so if they decided to be anti-ham radio they would most certainly shut it down.

13. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Now you’re talking…!

14. LZ3AW

LZ3AW Ham Member QRZ Page

15. W2BBQ

W2BBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

After all ..... there certainly aren't any trolls here.

N2EY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.