ad: Radclub22-1

USDX USDR+ 8 Band HF SDR Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0DQW, Dec 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE2TSM

VE2TSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank for your input on this particular Model, I ordered one from Banggood and I am still waiting for it, They ran out ?? I found your set-up info very valuable and plan to use it, I am looking for some type of User Set up Guide which seems to be non-assistant, for the price it looks like a great rig to keep tabs on the HF bands, and i like the format,

73's Mario VE2TSM

2. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Try NOT to.

Even the "Japanese" radios are largely manufactured in China now, just with Japanese level quality control.

It's just that "you get what you pay for" has never been so true as it is now with regard to things made in China. It can be as good as anything else made anywhere, or utter trash - you get what you pay for.

N4FZ likes this.
  3. WD4IGX

While there are a few items, I doubt it's POSSIBLE to put together what most would think of as a "full shack" without some stuff made in China. And even those items not made there will invariably contain Chinese sourced parts. It's unavoidable.

4. WD4IGX

Can someone give the TLDW summary? I get that the review is negative. I'm curious about the details but not curious enough to watch for eight minutes.

5. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, so you expect to go to the "Amateur Radio News" forum and be able to read some news? ;)

6. KN4ZUJ

KN4ZUJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very Helpful video. Will stay clear. The search continues.

7. WD4IGX

I know, silly of me, right?

Nothing against anyone doing videos but this whole "replacing news with videos" thing drives me bonkers. I want something I can read, and thus skim or skip to the part I'm interested in.

K1IO, CA7OKD, KK5R and 1 other person like this.
  8. K7IWW

K7IWW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure why you expect someone else to spend a half hour or so watching the video, and writing and posting a summary of something you could see yourself. If you're not interested enough to expend 8 minutes, it's difficult to comprehend why anyone would be interested in being your Executive Assistant for nothing. But hey, for $35/hr, I'll summarize any review video you like. Please send a three hour deposit ($105) and the URL of the video of marginal interest.

KL7KN likes this.
  9. WD4IGX

Wow now, aren't WE touchy?

1. No, I am not remotely interested enough in another SDR from China to spend four, much less eight minutes watching a video about it.
    2. I don't care if you're "interested" or not - don't want to reply, don't. Or just rant, I don't care about that either.
    3. I didn't even ask anyone to "write and post a summary" - I said "the TLDW version." Well someone above mentioned the receiver is very noisy. Something like, "noisy receiver, dirty transmit spectrum, lousy audio, power output half the rating" (just as examples, no idea if any other than "noisy receiver" which someone already said might be true) hardly takes any time at all. Clearly many HAVE already watched it. If someone wanted to jot down what was so bad about it like that, I had a mild curiosity.

But I just got a ranting troll, figures. It is, after all, the Internet.

10. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good radio not cheap
    Cheap radio not good

none of these cheapo radios are worth a darn. Save up your money and buy a used radio that works …

11. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

More of the ever expanding fleet of these:

chinese_junk.jpg

KL7KN, KO4DNI, 2E0CIT and 3 others like this.
  12. WA6MOW

WA6MOW Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered this same radio before watching this video. I tried cancelling my order but the seller is telling me that the radio he sent me is from a different batch and from a different manufacturer. I'll report back after I receive it and check it out. I would never had ordered this version if I had seen this video first.

WD4IGX likes this.
  13. WA3YRE

WA3YRE Ham Member QRZ Page

I reached out

I reached out to both european web sites about DL2MAN radio kits and have had no response to date.

14. KK1LL

KK1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

I love my little chineesium qrp.
    It works very well and I have made numerous contacts with it.
    I also have a IC-705, but I use this one to avoid heartbreak if it were to fall in the water.

I made this video for the old hams that bust my balls for QRP'n it.

*edit
    I forgot to mention that I bought 5 of these and distributed the other 4 to friends of mine, who also enjoy them. To those who say these radios are junk... Maybe its the Indian and not the arrow.

QSO from beach that day (about 1000miles)
    https://ibb.co/ZBhjKpt

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    KN6NW, K9MOV, CA7OKD and 4 others like this.
  15. KK1LL

KK1LL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you select the little gear icon at the bottom of the youtube player, you can adjust the playback speed to 2x.
    I dont watch anything at the speed it is recorded anymore.

WA8MEA likes this.