ad: MLSons-1

New QRZ Home Page

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. But it's trendy!

AD6G likes this.
  2. AC2NZ

AC2NZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Trendy, maybe. Practical, efficient, and useful? No. It's gaudy and contains way too little information.

Tiles are soooo Windows 8. Outdated and a waste of space.

WY4J, N7IQV and NK2U like this.
  3. WB2CAU

WB2CAU Ham Member QRZ Page

I preferred the old style myself. I'm not a fan of the tile style at all. Unfortunately many sites (now this one) seem to feel the need to change something that's already pleasing and easy to use into something different to appeal to a younger crowd who gets tired of things too quickly. I like the comfort of familiarity.

I especially miss being able to see the list of latest items listed for sale when accessing the home page.

But, since I'm not a paying subscriber to the site, who am I to be a critic? I really should shut up!

WY4J and NK2U like this.
  4. AJ2I

AJ2I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

55 Pages of mostly thumbs down reviews of a website, I don't see practically any thumbs up, why would you continue to force feed a product that no one likes. AND it seems people are leaving or seeking alternatives

KK4NA, WY4J, N7IQV and 1 other person like this.
  5. IZ8XOV

IZ8XOV Ham Member QRZ Page

About the section "Featured Ham" I remember that in the old style this page was updated frequently (about every minutes). In the new style this page remains stationary for a day.

73's - Mike

N7IQV likes this.
  6. K1SCE

K1SCE Ham Member QRZ Page

I was ready to donate but not now. Plus you can get ad free by using "Ad Block Plus" , this also works on any site. for qrz it will remove the ad's on the left side.

WY4J, N7IQV and NK2U like this.
  7. KO5AOK

KO5AOK Ham Member QRZ Page

K1SCE, you probably should have left out the, "I was ready to donate but not now", since you've been a member since Jan 2000, if you get my drift. Anyway, we should ALL appreciate the use of QRZ.com regardless of the appearance, which can never make everyone happy. This webpage is a gold standard used by many hams to share their information and opinions. It's known throughout the world!

W9JEF and N7IQV like this.
  8. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Why are you upset, that some hams discuss politics--in a separate forum, which nobody forces you to look at? :rolleyes:

N7IQV likes this.
  9. K2WO

K2WO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the only real way to actually vote on the new design is to do so with your wallet. If you are a subscriber, when your renewal comes up if you don't like the current QRZ design, don't renew. I am a subscriber and have been for some time. At this point, I don't plan to renew. We'll see where all this stands at that time (months down the road for me). Fred has done a great job over the year's, but this new design is just awful in my opinion.

George
    K2WO

KK4NA, WY4J, NK2U and 1 other person like this.
  10. KD8TNF

KD8TNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Everyone is occupied looking back, it seems the potential future is being ignored. I hope what has happened is not the portend of likewise new coke changes coming to ALL pages of QRZ.com. When my call profile page is one day rearranged with no warning the pain threshold will have been reached. I also won't beg for restraint, hopefully the booming signal concerning hasty changes to paid subscriber content has been copied 599. CW

NK2U and N7IQV like this.
  11. N7IQV

N7IQV Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE="...Anyway, we should ALL appreciate the use of QRZ.com regardless of the appearance, which can never make everyone happy. This webpage is a gold standard used by many hams to share their information and opinions. It's known throughout the world![/QUOTE]

Yes, but now it's gold standard with a tin plating over the gold.

John/N7IQV
    Tucson AZ

NK2U likes this.
  12. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I give it TWO thumbs up. Nice work, Fred--and all others whom
    obviously put a lot of thought into the innovative & useful design.

13. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

We are indeed still working on changing the behavior of the featured ham tile.

KA9JLM likes this.
  14. VA7STV

VA7STV Ham Member QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

It will be back to changing regularly, Currently we have a problem with some old code getting hung up on new code. We are working on this issue.

15. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The only one that I know doing that is you. The test area is Public and you are being Pubic.

Do what you want. I guess you use the test area for politics so you have your own thread, and everyone gets to see it.

Sorry I ruined it for you.