ad: CQMM-1

Introduction to the Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W0HR

W0HR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ordered mine 3/1. Should be here first week of April. Think it's going to be just a fine radio. We'll see, huh? I'm really looking forward to it! I use a stylist on a touch screen tablet, BTW, and seldom need to clean the screen - only when it gets dusty. HI HI.

N6KZB likes this.
  2. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a 7100 and a Yaesu 400, both have touch screens for many function. I have no issues even when camping and dirty. It is progress and hope the radio is as good as the 7100. Adios

W0HR likes this.
  3. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KD5SPX

KD5SPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom 7300 .. Had this less than 12 hours ... all I can say is I am impressed .. no alc issues like the 7100. Excellent quality anf just the right feel and response on yhe touchscreen. Realtime scope is super no phoney mute while the scope works system. Great nr features. Excellent reception you wont be disappointed with this rig. Icom you have made a winner here and I dont need a damn computer touse it! Great job!

5. WB2VVV

WB2VVV Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU for the very nice video!!! I like how the radio's display was so clear in the video, and how many of the user controls were demonstrated. I have to say that I am very interested in the concept of a direct sampling SDR radio in a traditional radio package. I really also like the way they kept to the basics, in order to keep the price down to what seems a pretty fair price point at just under $1500. I am very interested, if only to learn more about direct sampling SDR receiver performance compared to multi-conversion superheterodyne receiver performance - which has always pleased me in the past. This seems a way to put my toe in the SDR water without losing the traditional radio feel...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  6. W5LD

W5LD Ham Member QRZ Page

All I can say is Don't knock it til you try it. I have both a Knwd TS 990 and a Flex 6300 and the receiver on this 7300 is as good as the Flex and will give the 990 a run for the money.

7. KG4VDZ

KG4VDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If thats the case the new yaesu 991 must be a super rig looking at the youtube vidoe of it compaired a/b testing to the new 7300 youll pick the yaesu everytime

8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So far a great radio
    And I have a Flex 6700, Kenwood 990, K3. and IC 7800 to compare it with.
    And for $1400 my K3 and Flex is for sale

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I AM intrigued...also have a 7800 and 990. Have you interfaced to a computer yet? How is the GUI?

10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

wear rubber gloves! ones that go to the elbow for deeeeeep surgery.

11. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

70mhz? 3 or 4 meters? must be an amateur -extra band....

12. WU2F

WU2F Ham Member QRZ Page

No....
    It is 4m, but it's for certain countries in ITU region 1.

You have to learn the bands to get your license. How don't you know this? o_0
    (unless it's sarcasm, which doesn't carry across text)

13. K0UO

Works great with a PC, with a program like Icom has or HRD then you have it all.

14. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually I ate my words, if you go to You Tube and see Radio Hobbyist on the IC-7300. I must admit it seems like a real winner and I will never say anything until I see the radio or equip. first hand. I even like the touch screen!! It is nothing like a cell phone OR tablet. I wear rubber gloves when working sometimes, with Solvent at times, how did you know.

15. K0UO

I work with the ICOM PC control software and HRD easy