ad: MyersEng-1

Amateur Radio contacts between Georgia and Russia cease

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I agree 100% I dont think this thread is support radioamateur friendship and if somebody like to stop talk with somebody its up to him
    Georgia is in very difficult situation and we need support and dont need to create enemy specially in radioamateur field
    I also like to ask qrz.com to stop that thread and delete it because conversation is not really support our hobby and we are on amateur radio server
    Georgian people is friendly and dont associate all those bad things happen with russian people
    I dont like to discuss any political questions on this forum because there is lot of forums and sites in internet where we all can do it
    We all will appreciate to see support for Georgia in such difficult days but will prefer to stay away from politics on amateur radio forums

73 Al 4L5A
    You can see position of the Georgian goverment
    TBILISI, AUGUST 23. /BLACK SEA PRESS/. President
    of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili said he was sure
    Russian-Georgian relations would improve in
    future and called on country▓s population not to
    be acerbated towards Russian community.

⌠In future, we would like to have good relations
    with everyone, including with Russia. I do not
    want our community to be acerbated towards
    Russian society √ it is not civil,■ Saakasshvili
    said at the National Security Council meeting on Friday.

⌠We should consider everything from the
    historical point of view┘.normal relations
    between the nations need to be maintained,■ Georgian President said.

⌠The most important is that Georgia preserves its
    freedom and statehood. I believe we have managed it,■ Saakashvili said.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. KC0UWF

KC0UWF Ham Member QRZ Page

I better get some Ural parts before something happens

3. K1DA

K1DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well put, Dan, as I recall 4X4 was on a list issued by "Mother Russia". Shoe on the other foot now and the former "Worker's Paradise" is upset that someone won't talk to them.

4. K1DA

K1DA Ham Member QRZ Page

Our boy Vlad

At Fort Mead, a fitting place, there is a memorial to the 177 airmen who lost their lives when their unarmed recon aircraft -40 of them - strayed "too close" to the
    "Worker's Paradise" and were shot down. How many aircraft of the USSR did WE shoot down, though they were doing the same thing?? NONE! Hard not to take sides
    in the Georgian episode when Mother Russia is being run by a KGB thug.

5. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

S. Ossetia is "by-law" a legitimate province of the sovereign democratic nation of the Georgia -- not Russia. The unfortunate military actions by the Georgian Army were unfortunate, but a legitimate intranational action to stop secession. Other than Russia, which international organization has recognized S. Ossetia as an independent Nation of it's own right?

Please, your answers?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  6. UT4UT

UT4UT Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly and I fully agree with you. If it is law, and the ban is imposed by government on the grounds of before event adopted law, it should be strictly observed. As for radio societies they should restrain themselves against announcing ban or develop a law. If there is security reasons, the overall silence should be imposed in country.

I just curious if mentioned by you law have ever been imposed in the USA? Have the USA hams had any restrictions on radio operations with Japan and Germany HAM’s during WWII?
    Thanks dear WA9SVD

7. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

I will jump in with an answer: All Amateur Radio operation was forbidden in the USA after our entry into the war.

Cortland
    KA5S

8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

All U.S. Amateur operations were suspended during WW II. Thus, the question is moot and doesn't apply. (No offense meant; since our Amateur transmitting privileges were suspended, we couldn't legally have contact with ANY other Amateurs over the air, even within our own borders.)

There apparently were a few periods during the height of the "Cold War" that there were some nations that formally prohibited contacts between their Amateurs and the Amateurs in the U.S., and our FCC was obligated (by treaty) to honor that prohibition and impose the restriction upon our own Amateurs.

At present, there are NO countries with which our country (the U.S.) does NOT allow contact between Amateurs.

In our country, if our country declares a state of war, our President MAY also sign a Presidential Order that will require Amateur transmissions to cease. While there are legal technicalities involved, our President CAN issue an order to restrict or prohibit our operations.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  9. UT4UT

Dear WA9SVD. Thank you for comprehensive answer. I really appreciate it.
    We, in Ukraine have on-going discussion these days on draft of new amateur radio regulations. I guess I should suggest having a few words towards the circumstances of amateur radio contacts prohibition in there. Especially, I like the provisions of treaty to suspend amateur radio contacts in respect to similar action from another nation. I recall soviet times when contacts with 4X/4Z was banned, however some their stations tried to call me, and I had to ignore their call fearing that my license would be cancelled. It looked pretty stupid though.
    Also, I guess we should have described conditions upon which all amateur stations in Ukraine might be silenced.
    Thank you very much again. Best 73!

10. UT4UT

Hello dear ka5s! Thank you so much for your reply. This is important issue and I believe not well regulated in Ukraine. I shall initiate some amendments to our regulations to make clear the conditions to silence overall contacts or restricted towards particular country.
    73! de UT4UT

11. AE4FB

AE4FB QRZ Member QRZ Page

The Ham From Georgia, 4L2M, is Way out of Line.

The Ham From Georgia, 4L2M, is Way out of Line. But then, so is the U.S. Puppet President of Georgia. This is not what amateur radio is about.

Evidently someone needs to put a warning on every stick in Georgia that says,
    "DANGER! DO NOT USE TO POKE BEAR!"

12. VR2ZQZ

VR2ZQZ Ham Member QRZ Page

South Ossetia and Abkhazia would be NEW DXCC entries SOON...

Dear All,

It is better to get ready to be the first to confirm new DXCC entries ABKHAZIA aтв OSSETIA SOON... Russia granted them the independence...

At present ABKHAZIA operates old UF6Vxx calls and old OSSETIA prefix was UF6Oxx...

73, Igor Khroustalev, now VR2ZQZ ( formally UA3QJC/UF6V - 1985-1988 from ABKHAZIA), also KC5VFV / JT1FDD and VR2O/P ( LAMMA ISLAND at present )....

13. 4L2M

4L2M Ham Member QRZ Page

At first look at to RUSSIA Pederations

It is better to get ready to be the first to confirm new DXCC entries Chechnya, kalmikia, Ingusheti, Tatarstan Karelia, Kurili Islands and more other new former of Russia Countries SOON... Georgia granted them the independence...

14. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Igor you propably not aware callsigns UF6V,UF6O is belong to Russia and they are cant count like Russia because they are not operating from Russian territory
    On the same time if they are will start use calls 4L calls they are will not count because they are dont have legal license from Georgian goverment
    Please study DXAC rules before you start posting such messages and advertizing new countries
    I didnt hear that you member of DXAC or Im wrong?
    Announcing new countries for DXCC is business of DXAC

73 Al 4L5A

15. UT0FT

UT0FT Ham Member QRZ Page

First read the Ukrainian Amateur Radio Reglament (by the way you should have know that already) - p. 8.2.9 quite clear definition - and then start trying your initiations (where to?):D

Sorry to other guys - in our regulations we have this possibility of some prohibition and restriction of some amateur contacts due to our authorities' decision.

73! Vlad UT0FT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.