ad: TinyPaddle-1

ZS6GCM to activate ZS8T on Marion Island

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

ZS6GCM to activate ZS8T on Marion Island
    Hardly having touched soil in South Africa after his trip to Bouvet Island, Petrus Kritzinger, ZS6GCM, is on his way to Marion Island and will be operating as ZS8T to woo the world's DXers.

Petrus will be active on 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 12 and 10 metres using SSB, CW and RTTY. He expects to start operation in May 2008 depending on his work load on the island

Visit the DXpedition website for more information and regular updates. Click on the link on www.sarl.org.za.

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Get our News Headlines for your Website:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm

Send Us Your News Items:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. K6FAF

K6FAF Guest

Hamspirit at its best

I certainly cherish the attitude of this ham. Using his spare time to provide connections with highly searched for DXCCs is above expectations and shows the hamspirit behind the callsign.

Tried to work him on Bouvet, had nice 55 signals a lot of times, but never made it through the East-US-Wall.

There is hardly a DXpedition in the past 4 years that I have not worked, Bouvet was the first one to give me headaches.

I believe calling US-Districts could have solved that headache. The guys on
    3c7y and 3b7c, not to talk of tx5c or vp6dx in my backyard, did a beautiful job on clearing the frequencies to be able to work propagation-wise. Maybe someone in the SARL could help Petrus Kritzinger with propcharts from Marion Island...... and some tips how to quieten down a pile-up?

Just a suggestion!

73 de k6faf:):):)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  3. LA4RT

LA4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

It wasn't a DXpedition. It was a novice ham making his first contacts. Talk about baptism of fire!

4. WX4SAR

WX4SAR Banned QRZ Page

Those guys are going to be on that island for OVER A YEAR!!! How can they do that? Big bucks and no families? I can't wait to work 'em though.

5. LA4RT

LA4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a scientific expedition. They're getting paid to go there.

6. WX4SAR

WX4SAR Banned QRZ Page

Cool, What is the purpose of the expedition? Geological and wildlife study?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.