ad: M2Ant-1

Yours to own - Signed VP8STI/SGI flags!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by MM0NDX, Feb 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. MM0NDX

MM0NDX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Genuinely considered one of the greatest DXpeditions of all time, DX-World is very proud to announce that signed flags by team members of VP8STI and VP8SGI are now for auction online. Nigel Jolly, captain of RV Braveheart has also signed the flags.

This is a truly unique piece of ham radio memorabilia which would look fantastic in any shack. The auction starts a ZERO and the current amount will be updated to reflect each new bid. Simply drop an email to dxworldnews@gmail.com with your preferred bid. Remember, this is a once in a lifetime chance to own a part of DXpedition history!

Auction ends on March 5th @ 18:00UTC. Good luck!

73 Col MM0NDX
    DX-World.net

2. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"Genuinely considered one of the greatest DXpeditions of all time" What???

Sorry but I think the Navassa K1N DXpedition gets my vote.

3. KA1VT

KA1VT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Given the working conditions on VP8's I agree, sub zero and hurricane force winds.. yes sir..

4. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep in mind that K1N was the first Navassa DXpedition in 22 years and will be the last for another 10 years. It was a once in 32 year opportunity to get Navassa which was world's #1 most wanted at the time. Also, the pileups were the biggest I've ever seen so it was a miracle if you were able to get them at all . The ops were world class being able to sort out someone from 500 stations calling at the same time. The best I've ever had a QSO with

5. N3PZZ

N3PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the pleasure of speaking with Bob, VP8IDX on the Brave heart on their way over to start the expedition.
    Never was able to break the pile ups.
    But the QSO we had on ten meters was good enough for me.
    But as far as what DXpedition was the greatest, I'd say that they ALL were.
    And more great ones to come.

6. KA1VT

KA1VT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got them on almost every band multi modes, yes big pileups.. but wait for North Korea if you think that pile up was big.

7. W9MRH

W9MRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would expect Heard Island to be quite difficult on both ends as well.

8. K0ON

K0ON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So to the op, is there a current bid on these?

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I got South Georgia, but was SKUNKED on South Sandwich as they had to leave early before the East Coast Pileups died down enough for the West to get through

10. G4UUQ

G4UUQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good to hear it was a success. I operated from the South Sandwich (Deception Island) and later on the Antarctic mainland and the group of islands (Argenine Islands) and Stonington Island when working for (FIDS & BAS) as Base Commander over 40 years ago. As VP8IN