Your expectations of LotW

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA6YQ, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have set up a simple two-question survey to assess your expectations of LotW’s availability and processing time. Please visit

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M5VWV9V

Thanks!

Dave, AA6YQ

2. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I wish more people would use LOTW I have contacted 150 Countries, but only 119 are verified via LOTW. ;)

My WAS took a long time to get all 50 States Confirmed via LOTW.

73 K2HAT

3. AD1L

AD1L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave,

I completed the survey.

But, I doubt I would have clicked on the link if not for recognizing your call and knowing you to be on the up-and-up.

However, for the unfamiliar you might want to add a little more in the way of information. Like what is your interest and how this data is to be used.

Best regards,
    James - AD1L

4. KC5AOS

KC5AOS Ham Member QRZ Page

LOTW = PITA . . . IMHO

5. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Lotw = over 200 countries confirmed... Works fb imho

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's my opinion too - I bulk upload to LoTW *once in a while* whereas I upload to eQSL after every single QSO

If a QSL matters enough to me or the other station, good old USPS is how it's done in my world.

Dave
    W7UUU

7. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Same for me, very happy with LOTW/

8. WB3CII

WB3CII Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave,

I replied to your survey but also wanted to comment here. LOTW is just like any other new technology. It seems like no matter how fast we make something work, the users are not happy with it :(

Most of my Amateur "career" has been using paper QSL cards, waiting for them in the mail etc. How on earth could I possibly complain about something that does the same thing basically instantly ????? Even if it took a week, or a month .... it would be amazingly faster than the mail.

By the way, I upload to LOTW every time I finish playing radio. It only takes 30 seconds or so with my logging software so why not. I also send plenty of paper cards out. I just like seeing all of the interesting cards from around the world.

The main thing is, this is a hobby. We should be enjoying it :) If a person is not enjoying every second that he spends on the air or otherwise engaged with this hobby, he needs to find a different one.

There's my 2 cents worth :)

9. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no expectation of LoTW. I don't use it.

Too bad that's not on the survey.

10. DL4CW

DL4CW Ham Member QRZ Page

In my opinion processing time and availability is far less important than acceptance and flexibility. Just take the number of LotW users (~59k) and compare this figure with the total number of hams worldwide. Second, LotW does only count towards very few awards. If it were more flexible, it'd be more populated which would speed up things significantly. But no complaints from this side. I just take it as a nice add on, but wouldn't entirely trade my paper cards for LotW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.