ad: QSLWorks-1

Youngsters On The Air (YOTA) in Thailand

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Feb 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Youngsters On The Air (YOTA) in Thailand

The 1st YOTA event in IARU Region 3 (Asia/Pacific) will take place in Rayong, Thailand on October 1-3, 2020

The Radio Amateur Society of Thailand under the Patronage of His Majesty the King (RAST) will be hosting the IARU Region 3 Youngsters on the Air (YOTA) Camp in Rayong Province on the southeastern coast of Thailand from October 1-3 this year.

This was agreed in September 2019 by the IARU Region 3 Chairman Wisnu Widjaja, YB0AZ, and IARU Region 3 directors which include RAST President Jakkree Hantongkom, HS1FVL.

YOTA is a rapidly growing group of young radio amateurs which has the goal of getting more young people interested in amateur radio and in growing the amateur radio community. Every year many youngsters meet up in a different IARU Region 3 country for the exchange of ideas and experiences.

This year the event will be held at the Rock Garden Beach Resort in Rayong.

Full details about the IARU Region 3 YOTA can be found at
    https://www.iarur3yota2020.com/

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2020/february/youngsters-on-the-air-in-thailand.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, here's a thought: Why don't we take EVERY LETTER of the English alphabet, add an "OTA" to it and use it in a ham radio-related sentence! Oh wait, we already did! -- :) Seriously though .... anything that catches and keeps kids' interest in amateur radio is a major hit with this operator!! There are quite a few activities in my home state .... and the adjacent states .... that is geared toward introducing kids to ham radio. It is just bonus to see the same thing going on around the world .... The more kids I see at ham club meetings, the more convinced I am that ham radio isn't gonna die any time soon. :) 73 de K9CTB

AC0GT likes this.
  4. W3KIT

W3KIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be there for this event, at least planning.. flights booked :D

Depends, I have to change a flight in South Korea. If this virus thing still going on strong by then, then all bet are off.

Will see...

73, Kit

5. HS8AFA

HS8AFA Ham Member QRZ Page

See You there W3KIT

73,HS8AFA

6. AK5X

AK5X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thailand has come a long way in promoting Amateur Radio. When I was stationed at U-Tapao Royal Thai Navy base in 1967-1968 Amateur Radio was banned. They were on the banned countries list, remember that? The Thai people will always have a warm place in my heart, friendly welcoming and kind. I hope their efforts bring many new Hams to our ranks. I was to read later that the banning of radio at that time was due to a misunderstanding of a ITU document written in French and translated incorrectly.

73, Bill-AK5X (K5ZFE in 1967)