ad: UR5CDX-1

YB DX RTTY Contest 2019

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by YB1GBN, Feb 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. YB1GBN

YB1GBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Fellow Contesters,

Please joining YB DX RTTY Contest 2019, on March 09 2019, at 00.00 UTC - 23:59 UTC
    You can see the rules on :
    http://rtty.ybdxcontest.com/dx-station-rules/

For N1MM user please download YBDX-RTTY.UDC ( For DX Station ) on
    http://rtty.ybdxcontest.com/software/

Mix W and TR4W also support YB DX RTTY Contest

Objective
    – For amateurs around the world to contact as many other amateurs in as many countries and Indonesia (YB Land) contesters

– Everyone Worked Everyone

Bands
    Contact should made on 3.5, 7, 14, 21 and 28 MHz.

No WARC bands.

Exchange
    Mode RTTY : 599 + Serial Number (eg: 599 001)

Category
    Single Operator All Band Any Power
    Multi Operator Single Transmitter

Good luck for your participating in YB DX RTTY Contest 2019

73 de Bobby - YC4GBN
    Contest Manager

Attached Files:

2. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Guest

Yes...please help by transmitting RTTY all over everyone else...who cares right ?
    You guys are ruining QRP and weak signal segments.
    So much for WSPR/QRSS...thank you very much !!
    dummies.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
  3. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Guest

X

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
  4. IZ7VHF

IZ7VHF Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear guys, I agree 100% with N2NXZ! You create difficults to other ham radio operators, expecially in the band reserved for WSPR. I hope you can comprehend our difficulties and shift your dial to correct ranges. Thank you very much for collaboration.

N2NXZ likes this.
  5. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Guest

Using RTTY in modern times is like driving to work during rush hour in a WW2 M103 Tiger tank.

6. N2NXZ

N2NXZ Guest

I hope most realize something here as I can not seem to strike concern among a lot of you out there.
    RTTY and all that nutty contesting using high power amplifiers,towers and loads of expensive gear will eventually kill amateur radio.
    We hear time after time of how we can bring new people into the hobby but the reality is,no one finds it interesting anymore.Especially the younger generation.No one wants piles of gear filling a room and coax , wires and junk all over the house anymore.
    Hams that do that sort of stuff are far and few and fading away day by day and the bands are getting quieter and quieter.
    However,QRP kits are becoming the new normal and SO much cheaper than refrigerator sized amplifiers filling entire rooms and basements.For 30 bucks or so a person can build and operate multi mode / multi bands on a simple whip or wire.
    This is a flat screen television, smart phone world whether you like it or not.
    When a guy like myself wakes one day on the weekend to see that RTTY garbage destroying every corner of every band forcing those of us to shut down on OUR time is simply WRONG !
    NO ONE wants to buy a 1200 dollar radio,hang wires all over the back yard in 20 below zero so a small group can take over anytime they want.I regret buying my radio and renewing my license to be honest.I`m going to join the new generation and toss my stuff in a box.No one wants it anyhow...money wasted. The contesting will go on forever even down to the last 2 humans.
    By the way...what does the contest winner get...hopefully new underwear,free marriage counseling and a year supply of Hemorrhoid medication? :)