ad: Radclub22-1

Yaesu's Latest Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4CLM, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W4CLM

W4CLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu's Latest and greatest for 2012
    Visit us at the Fox Tango International FTdx3000 Users Group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yaesu_FTdx3000_Users_Group/

FTdx3000 HF/50 MHz transceiver

Description: HF/50 Mhz 100 watt Transceiver Although the FTDX3000 has only one receiver, a high speed Spectrum Scope is
    built into the radio. When in the Auto Mode, the Spectrum Scope display is updated in real time.
    The Down conversion 9 MHz 1st IF frequency receiver construction, can realize narrow 300 Hz (optional), 600 Hz and 3 kHz bandwidth roofing filters. The 3.5-inch wide color LCD displays the operating information and the status of the transceiver functions, with high resolution (480 x 272 dots) on the screen. As of this date, May 19, 2012 the FT-DX3000 has NOT been approved by the FCC for
    sale. Once the radio has received FCC approval and pricing has been announced,
    you will be advised right here on the Fox Tango Users Group.

Thank you for your interest in the Yaesu Ftdx3000 and the Fox Tango Users group.

Regards
    Carol Maher W4CLM
    Club Admin Http://www.foxtango.org

2. LA8NSA

LA8NSA Ham Member QRZ Page

The Yaesu FTDX-3000 has a nostalgic look which appeals to many hams, in particular those who were young in the 1970's. Take it from me. What I want is the look and feel of the past, and underneath is today's technology. I believe that Yaesu is building the 3K upon some previous model, and the cleen-cut design tells me the software/firmware is debugged accordingly. I think the model beams quality and restrained purity. Do you want to get on the air, or do you want to fiddle with buttons?

I have a FT-950. Okay. At the moment I also have an IC-7600 on my table, just for the sake of comparison. As a matter of fact indeed, I cannot wait to kick out the Icom. Honest to God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.