ad: Retevis-1

Xml down?

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by KA4RON, Dec 27, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA4RON

KA4RON Ham Member QRZ Page

I and one other subscriber find xml lookup from HRD has stopped working this afternoon. Is there any timetable as to when the problem will be fixed? I assume QRZ knows there is a problem.

2. AF4M

AF4M Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having the same problem. I am running HRD ver 5.24 and everthing was fine yesterday but nada today.. anyone else having problems or know the cause???

3. KC2MBV

KC2MBV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I haven't been able to preform lookups all day also.

4. IZ4REF

IZ4REF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I' ve also the same problem from Yesterday, my account expire in 2017/12/25:(
    IZ4REF Riccardo

5. WN9W

WN9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Also seeing problem. Running HRD v5.24.0.36. I see the following when testing the interface from within HRD:

<head>
    <Lookup Options="2">WN9W</Lookup>
    <Callsign></Callsign>
    <Source>QRZ.com subscription interface</Source>
    <Status>Username / password required</Status>
    <Valid>No</Valid>
    <Timestamp>2016-12-28 10:03:16</Timestamp>
    </head>

I can log in at QRZ.com without a problem.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would guess that may be the problem.

The variable must be missing for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  7. YO6OHD

YO6OHD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not working for me also in HRD, working only in qrz.com browser since today morning...

8. EB5AH

EB5AH Ham Member QRZ Page

In another software if it works, but does not give access to HRD.
    Same problem HRD V5.24.0.38

9. AI8F

AI8F Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here. Started yesterday and still not getting data.. Also using HRD 5.2 Anybody got a remedy?

10. WQ9F

WQ9F XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Using HRD 5.24 also and have not been able to perform lookups as well. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with my end but looks like i'm not the only one having issues.

11. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe the server address was changed again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  12. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Thanks for your reports. This issue apparently affects only the older 5.x versions of HRD. We're actively looking for the problem which appears to be with the authentication mechanism. We should have a fix shortly. -fred

KA4RON, KA9JLM and G1WEV like this.
  13. AI8F

AI8F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank You

14. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Im having the same issue with N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log

15. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Good morning folks,

Happy to report that we found the source of the issue and have corrected it. The problem was that the older software doesn't go directly to the XML server for lookups. The older programs go to www.qrz.com whereas the service actually exists at xml.qrz.com. The "redirect" message that our www server was sending out wasn't being interpreted by the old HRD because it does not know how to handle HTTPS (secure) connections.

This morning I installed special code (again) to address the issue and the fix was verified by using an actual copy of the old HRD software. This issue is now closed.

-fred

P.S. Nobody should expect a given software program to run forever. The rest of the online world is constantly evolving and unless software evolves with it, it gets left behind. Those who are using software that is more than a few years old should consider getting an update. This goes both for older versions of Windows (anything before Win 7) as well as the programs you run. These things cannot be supported in perpetuity and will eventually fail due to their age and non compliance with current standards.