ad: Mountaingoat-1

XML Api Testaccount

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by PA1CA, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. PA1CA

PA1CA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have made an app that uses the XML interface available in QRZ.COM.
    Now I want a few testers to have a look at this.
    Is there a test account I can give to them? I prefer not to give them my own (real) account.

The test account doesnt need to return real data, as long as it returns something I and the testers can use for the app.

73 de Cees
    PA1CA

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Should the app use the QRZ subscriber's (testers) XML account vs yours? If so, you can prompt for them to use their QRZ call/password or yours would be embedded in the app. Maybe you can describe a bit more of what you are doing?

3. PA1CA

Thanks for your answer. My app uses the XML service to get some information (the grid location) of a certain callsign.
    In the settings of the app a user needs to enter his / her QRZ id and password and this is then used in the rest of the app.

The problem is that the testers don't have QRZ.COM accounts, they just need to test my app.
    I feel uncomfortable giving them my own account so a test account would be helpful.

4. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the following an option?

Allow the user D3EMO password abc123 to log in. Have the app code change D3EMO/abc123 to your QRZ call/password in the code. They can log in but a simple if statement replaces their account with yours so they don't see it.

I'm still not sure of the "app" platform you keep mentioning so hopefully they can't "view source" and see all the code.

David - K2DSL

5. PA1CA

It sounds like a creative solution but it will not work in my situation.
    My app is an iOS app and the app will be tested / reviewed by the Apple people.
    If it is ok they will put it in the app store right away so there is no change for me to remove the "D3EMO/abc123" account you were talking about...

I guess my options are then to make a second account in QRZ.COM and pay for the XML subscription and use that account
    OR just give the Apple people my real account info.

6. PA1CA

Just a quick addition to this thread to tell everyone the people from QRZ.COM were very helpful in giving me a temporary, limited, test account I can use.
    This solves my problem! I appreciate the help from them a lot!

Thank you also for your help and thinking with me David (K2DSL).

73 de Cees
    PA1CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.