ad: elecraft

Xeigu G106 REVIEW

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0JSX, Dec 14, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K7GYB

K7GYB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow... Screaming in my face with boldface txt. Look like you're triggered.

You come onto an informative thread concerning a low-power rig with the well over-used hackneyed quip that "Life is too short for QRP..", (again in bold face) as the provocateur with obvious contemp for those of us who enjoy and optimize our portable low-power rigs and now want to play the victim when somebody stands up and checks you on your bias. Yes, "really" my bandscope doesn't lie and I agree with KD8ZM's observation whole-heartedly and I respect all operators who have a nice clean amateur signal no matter what power they choose to operate at vs. the "Loud and Proud" (11m?) 'max smoke' " crowd.

And, I don't really know what the psychological subtext of your "Happy Kwanza" reference is supposed to mean but from the spirit of your posts here, I can imagine it's supposed to be demeaning to me in some way. I don't celebrate Kwanza.

I use my Twin PBF and Notch filter all the time on my 7300 when some Jack-Ass operator is splattering or tuning up 2Kc's off the established frequency I'm operating on - thanks for acknowledging the problem.

I know how people like you like to have the last word so, please, by all means, have at it!

Now, I'm done with you. You have nothing enriching or positive to offer. You're muted on my screen.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    KJ5EVL likes this.
  2. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

@K7GYB I bold everything, most times, due to my eyesight. I not yelling, but not triggered either. Honestly, it was all a joke; however, something in the back of my mind told me that someone would get a bee in their bonnet. Sorry Sally, as it really seems you got triggered.

I love the ignore function, as I use it as well.

Happy New Year!

Now, I am done with you. You have noting enriching or positive to offer. You are muted on my screen.

3. IW3ILM

IW3ILM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the chinese version of italian ELAD FDM DUO qrp radio SDR.

W8IJN likes this.
  4. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KQ1V: " Happy Kwanza!"

I heard on a speech the other day by a prominent politician that the proper pronunciation is " Happy Schwanza " ....

5. KQ1V

That is a shame; at least I got the phrasing correct [in print]. I truly meant it in a decent, festive way and there was no 'psychological subtext'. Some folks are just wired overly sensitive, droll, aggressive, etc. I made a joke about 'max smoke' and offered alternative ways of dealing with splatter (which IMO is more lid operator error than amplification). People need to lighten up a bit.

Happy New Year! (Just to clarify - no psychological subtext)

6. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

How should I know? Nothing to do with me. I'm Welsh. They're not.

KG4ZQZ and KA9P like this.
  7. KQ1V

... and here I thought you were royalty. mea culpa!

8. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure? Aesthetically I see no similarities. Controls and the screen are pretty different. Specs are much different as well.

BTW you've got so lovely cats on the userpic, what are their names? Do they help you operate OTA?

9. IW3ILM

IW3ILM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi UT7UX,
    ELAD DUO SDR is the starting idea for Xiegu. They are different, but with a similar idea. Both SDR, both qrp. Elad was born before Xiegu.
    The cats on the userpic are Siberian cats: at left Icarus, male, 4 years old, black tabby white and at wright, Morpheus, male, 5 years old, blue tabby. Both are 10 kg and are nephew and uncle.
    All my best regards.
    Max IW3ILM

W8IJN and UT7UX like this.
  10. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This sounds pretty real to me. Chinese are well known for making copies or at least for getting inspiration from already existing design. Towards the thread subject I cannot say what inspired Xeigu to create the G106 but anyway I accept your point.

Well yes, they appear ideologically similar but no way I would believe they perform similarly. ;)

Years before.

Massimo, they're just beautiful. :)

K7LZR likes this.
  11. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah I think that Xiegu should stop wasting their time & resources on this kind of thing and instead concentrate on their best product - the G90.

W8IJN and W7STF like this.
  12. 2E0TRN

2E0TRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Life is too short for QRO.

N6ALT, KG4ZQZ and K7GYB like this.
  13. LU2EAO

LU2EAO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm Daniel LU2EAO . I have a Xiegu 90 . Realy a beatiful equipament. Excelent SDR receiver ion all bands. A joyce.

K7LZR and W8IJN like this.
  14. LZ1QU

LZ1QU Ham Member QRZ Page

HI Jonathan!
    Nice to see you again !
    Krasi
    LZ1QU/M0LZU

15. W7STF

W7STF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The G90 is a nice unit, and I'm surprised at the price-point in comparison for this G106... If you add in the cost of an antenna tuner which comes with the G90, then I'm not sure the G106 represents a great value.
    For anyone that perhaps doesn't know this (?), there is a very active discussion group over on groups.io for the G90.
    https://xiegug90.groups.io/g/main/topics