ad: Halibut-1

WorkedGrids software released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

WorkedGrids software released

Bert, VE2ZAZ released WorkedGrids, ham log grid square mapping software this week. It is freeware and it runs under Windows.

The program displays a map showing the amateur radio grid squares contacted and logged in using third-party logging program.

WorkedGrids uses colors to display information on a per-band basis. Up to four bands can be displayed concurrently on the map. The program reads plain-text (ASCII) log files generated by most logging programs.

The software is directed towards the VHF and above operators who collect grid squares for contesting or award purposes. It is designed to supplement a logging program and it replaces the pen and paper technique for marking worked grid squares.

Please visit http://ve2zaz.net for more details. Your input is welcome!

Bert, VE2ZAZ

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Get our News Headlines for your Website:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/rss/index.htm

Send Us Your News Items:
    http://www.southgatearc.org/news/your_news.htm

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

another good (and free) program is DXATLAS. i've been using it for quite a while for grids and use the different colored pins for each band.

3. VE3TMG

VE3TMG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

beware

Beware
    I downloaded the program and it had A virus in it!!!
    At least that's what my AVG antivirus program told me,it's too bad because it looks like A neat program.
    Terry VE3TMG

4. K7FE/SK2017

K7FE/SK2017 QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member

Read further on VE2ZAZ's page:

"ATTENTION: Several users have reported that AVG Antivirus detects a Trojan issue with the WorkedGrids install file. This has got to be a false alarm. Referring to the web, it appears that the latest virus definition of AVG is causing pain on more than just my program... See this link for more details. Just to be on the safe side, I also installed it on my work PC that runs Symmantec Antivirus (Corporate) and nothing is reported. My Avira Antivir here does not complain either... I am a former AVG user but got rid of it a long time ago because of too many false alarms. Enjoy this clean program :)"

Terry, K7FE

5. KD7TQM

KD7TQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Virus

I also downloaded the program and my virus program detected a trojan attached to this down load as well. I think there should be more screening of downloads before they are posted to the QRZ site. My AVG Software caught it so no harm was done.

6. VE3TMG

VE3TMG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

another grid program

Here is a url for A program that I use for keeping track of my grid Squares.
    http://www.marsport.org.uk/
    Scroll down to the SQ program, I find it does everything I need it to do and it's free of viruses!!!!!!!!!!
    73 Terry VE3TMG

7. VA3TO

VA3TO Guest

Are you guys ignorant, illiterate or just plain stupid ?
    AVG is falsely flagging a virus . There is NO virus in this program. Even after having this explained by VE2ZAZ himself (via K7FE) the negative comments continue.

That's a good way to discourage a Ham from giving away <FREE> his hard work for the benefit of others.

8. K4PVZ

K4PVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking for similar

I was wondering if there is a program that is similar to this, but geared toward HF contacts where it will show on a map your countries worked. Same idea where it pulls from the log boog, but make it a graphical representation.
    Just curious..
    Thanks.

9. KA2LIM

KA2LIM Ham Member QRZ Page

KF4ZMX wrote:
    I was wondering if there is a program that is similar to this, but geared toward HF contacts where it will show on a map your countries worked. Same idea where it pulls from the log boog, but make it a graphical representation.
    Just curious..

VQ Log by EA6VQ.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.