ad: ProAudio-1

Winter Field Day results

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6MST, May 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

It's almost four months since WFD, anybody know when results will be posted? I tried contacting the team through the WFD website's contact form and when I got no reply I emailed the five individuals listed as "the team" and I haven't gotten a response from a single one of them. I'm beginning to wonder if something went wrong and results are not coming at all...

M1WML likes this.
  2. N6MST

Well, I emailed a third time and let them know I was disappointed in their lack of response (I literally waited weeks without so much as an acknowledgment of receipt) and Erik W4EXT was quick to respond, quite rudely.

He did, however, mention that the scores would be up by ARRL Field Day. That wasn't so hard, now was it?

M1WML likes this.
  3. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

They could be swamped with submissions. Our club usually operates as one entity, but due to covid, I think we submitted 15-17 logs instead of just one.

I think the WFD team is all volunteer. I know they accept donations on their site, but they don't charge us to participate. Please be gentle and polite with volunteers.

M1WML likes this.
  4. N6MST

I was. I waited weeks. And he came back like a jerk. Oh well.

The other response I got was MUCH more cordial and appropriate.

M1WML likes this.
  5. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Results are out on the website now.

M1WML likes this.
  6. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see a score for @N6MST. I'm beginning to wonder if something went wrong and he forgot to submit his results or didn't participate at all.

M1WML likes this.
  7. N6MST

I did not operate nor submit a log under my personal call sign. Wonder all you wish.

M1WML likes this.
  8. W5OTR

W5OTR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How did you do? I operated as K5O. We were 2O, but never really operated 2 at once due to some issues.... we didn't make that many contacts, but still had the highest score in the state of Texas and we were the 7th highest 2o station. Here is to next year--

Chris

M1WML likes this.
  9. N6MST

1O, did ok, not great. Something in my log must have been wrong because the organizers did not give me any credit for my SSB contacts. That's what I get for using dead trees for logging!

M1WML likes this.
  10. KF4ZGZ

KF4ZGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I ran 1O qrp ..... My score WOULD have been fairly good overall, but .......
    Apparently I did something wrong in setting up N1MM for the "user defined" thing so my log was wrong.
    I did email and ask and they did reply telling me about the problem.
    I do wish they would go with a QSOPARTY logging format .... it would make the log submission thing much easier and you could easily use ANY logging program.

M1WML likes this.