ad: M2Ant-1

Winter Field Day 2018 Report

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by OH8STN, Jan 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Operators.
    Todays topic, Winter Field Day 2018
    In this video we will go through my experience participating in Winter Field Day 2018. Although the winter field day is a contest, a few operators and myself decided to try to initiate station is station contacts between Scandinavia and North America, using our very portable field stations.

The video covers the goals of winter Field Day from our perspective, safe operating considerations, it also covers the equipment used, and finally the lessons learned during the event.

Julian oh8stn
    Untitled109.jpg

2. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video as usual Julian. The flu was evident in your voice, hope you feel better soon. Love the scenes of the back-yard tee-pee with wood stove, reminiscent of bygone days back in Minnesota on a frozen lake ice-fishing. Now I am just a wimpy WFD beach bum!

73, John, WØPV

OH8STN likes this.
  3. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks John I would do almost anything for a nice warm beach right about now.
    Julian oh8stn

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Julian.

The best part is just throwing it down wherever you like, opening the lid and operating instantly because everything is already connected together inside.

This one is a project in the works that isn't done yet, but here's a preview of things done so far...

IMAG0731.jpg

Hope this gives you some ideas where to start. Thanks for the Winter Field Day video Julian, and get well soon. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    OH8STN likes this.
  5. US7IGN

US7IGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is a pity that she is not a radio amateur...