ad: Radclub22-1

Wilderness Adventure 2008

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KB7UXE, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB7UXE

KB7UXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello from Dan.
    This year I hope to lead more of you "rough neck hams" out to a very special place. it's at 6580 feet, sparce trees, but just enough for dipoles! We will be headding up in late July 2008.
    We will base camp at our family cabin located on south side of Rimrock lake ( Tieton res alt 2500 feet ) from there we will take
    forrest roads to about 4000 feet, from there it's 4X4 and horse only . it's like on top of the world, an extreamly cool place to op from.
    We are planning it to coinside with on of the other events.
    More later on that . ( I think it's 2m and 6m )
    what you need: provisions, camping gear to 20'F, ( yes it will get cold at nite ) you will need a 4x4 or arrange to ride with us. the cabin has 14 bunks for those who are not willing to spend a cold nite.. I prolly have enough radios and antennas, but the more equipment the better.
    Please goto youtube.com/kb7uxe and see windernes adventure 2007. The video snipet shows the location. Notice the wind swept trees and the the lack or hight. very few bords nad animals. if your looking on a map, it's on the north side of Section 3 lakes. you can actually go out on a "sopit" and look down on them. This is locate in eastern washington south east of White pass. last year we made some very unique contacts ( one was a ship at sea out in the pacific. ) we can hit the Bethel ridge repater no problem. yes cell phos work great from there also. it's a very unique place that is covered by snow 9+ months out of the year and may still have snow when we go up in july.

if you wish to attand please contact me, my call at comcast.net
    The trail is a mild to medum trail. (no a 4x2 will not make it. )
    Also BFRO members are welcome also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.