ad: k1jek

What did you think of Frostfest?

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K4YND, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

The wife and I enjoyed Frostfest yesterday. I loved the Elecraft table. SOTA was nice, and Yaesu had a great layout.

I did not see any minty boat anchors. I did see a Kenwood AT-200 in perfect shape. The guy only want 125.00 ( I already have one) I saw many rigs that looked like field day rigs that had been roughed up. A Kenwood TS-530S for 450.00. At leat 100 too high in my view. One table had radios wrapped in plastic. There was a odor of smoke at the table. If I cant touch the controls I wont buy it.

We left about 9:30 and headed to Craker Barrel. As we were leaving the hamfest, I noticed the line stretched clear around the building. I was thrilled until remembered the gun show next door.

K4YND

2. KK8E

KK8E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This will be my fourth Frost Fest. I think the attendence was down a bit, perhaps due to the snow forecast to the north and west that never came. I found a couple of unusal items; a combo safe and a brand new 12 x 12 x 6 outdoor hoffman type box. Also picked up a rotor control box and a freq counter. Plenty of stuff to see and the people were nice as always. Six of us came downfrom the shenandoah valley and had a great time. Next up, Annadale.

Bill KJ4CBI

3. N4BC

N4BC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Richmond Amateur Telecommunications Society did a great job of organizing the Hamfest, as usual. I would like to thank the major manufacturers that were there --- Elecraft, Yaesu, etc. --- but not forgetting the smaller ones, either. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and there were some good buys if you dug a bit. I enjoyed it and certainly plan on returning next year.

73, Dick K4FTW

4. K4GTI

K4GTI Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI...If you tested at Frost Fest don't expect to see anything with the FCC for another 7-10 days.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.