Weather & Sunspot Cycle 24. Heralding a New Maunder Minimum & Ice-Age?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by GM4BRB, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure it does, thats why one of the biggest maxima ever recorded came at the same time as a cool decade!

What if, despite all your convictions, the "global warming folks" are right, the egg finishes up on your face, not theirs, and due to the urgings of people like you we didn't spend a ton of money and thus finish up deep in the mire? You are evidently not prepared to hazard a few percent of GDP against the future of your descendants, so tell me this. Think carefully. What would you regard as sufficient proof of GW to justify spending that few percent of GDP. We need a benchmark from you, something a bit short of the inhabitants of NYC or London wading through the streets at high tide!

Brian G8ADD

2. KE4IKY

KE4IKY Ham Member QRZ Page

For a benchmark. how about accurately predicting, within 3 degrees the average quarterly temperature readings of each of 1,000 weather data stations spread across the globe, 5 years in the future.

Just show some evidence of being able to accurately predict something from a single model (not 50 of them that can be selectively identified). It's very convenient that the timeframes that are discussed are just out of reach of verifiability.

3. G8ADD

Not quite what I meant, but it would certainly be the aim of climate scientists, if you take into account that it would have to include predictions of volcanic activity and the health of manufacturing industry, inter alia, or alternatively a range of predictions tied to various manufacturing and volcanic indices!

No, I meant a sign, if you like, something we could point to and say "Aha! GW is real!" How much ice should vanish, how much should sea level rise, how far north should climate zones migrate, or whatever indicator is acceptable to you.

Brian G8ADD

4. WA5BEN

WA5BEN Ham Member QRZ Page

The only vehicle I know of that gets that poor mileage is a Nissan Titan. It's even worse than a Tundra !

Our Expedition gets FAR better mileage than any of the "import" SUV -- or pickups. (Average 18.9 mpg driving 80 + mph over 5000 miles: Dallas - El Paso - Palm Springs - LA - SF -Salt Lake City - Cheyenne - Denver - Amarillo - Dallas. That includes 5 days driving around LA and 3 days around SF.)

5. KE4IKY

KE4IKY Ham Member QRZ Page

How about a variation from the predicted climate change that should occur without man made global warming gasses, and the difference between it and climate change with man made global warming gasses. We could set a point of lets say 1 foot more sea level rise than naturally would occur as a point to say that action is needed.

What is the predicted natural amount of climate change that should be occuring anyway?

6. G8ADD

Talking from memory (Saturday morning, no time to dig) the Milankovich curve peaked in the early 20th century and should be trending slightly downwards from then for a couple of hundred years. I will check later.

Brian G8ADD

7. W8OTR

W8OTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sun spot credits

Where can I purchase sunspot credits ?

8. KD4E

KD4E Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that is wonderful! I will get about the business of reading it - hoping to understand enough to apply it to Amateur Radio - much of the science is over my head.

I have read a great deal about NVIS in the past but the old adage "use it or lose it" applies, I have forgotten much of it and appreciate your well-written paper.

Thanks again & 73, doc KD4E

9. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

They only pedal sunspot credits for the next cycle on the "black" market. :p:D

(Sorry, couldn't resist the double pun.)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  10. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Bank of Sun Prairie?
    The major Banks are being given the power to manage your carbon (sunspot- hi) credits. My point, since the Carbon Credit concept in effect boils down to a kind of Tax, by resembling a fuel taxation system, why are the Banks being put in charge of it?
    http://www.rbs.co.uk/personal/carbon/calculators/carboncalc.ashx

"How will we use the money you spend to offset your CO2? Here's a small sample of the types of projects your money could help to support."
    http://www.rbs.co.uk/personal/carbon/options/projects.ashx

Which institution normally manages taxation? Government, not the Central Banks. Hence, the fiscal equivalent value of these 'Carbon-Credits' is going directly into the coffers of the Banks. This as far as I know is something completely new, highly suspicious but was apparently promised as part the Rothschild Banking Empire's growing sphere of influence.

'David Mayer de Rothschild is the youngest child (born 1978) of Sir Evelyn de Rothschild, of the British wing of the Rothschild banking family.
    Rothschild's recent book, 77 Essential Skills to Stop Climate Change calls for ordinary people to limit outward behavior and even work at home and was used as part of the PR blitz to accompany the Live Earth project.'

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.