ad: HamHats-1

Watching USA TV abroad: Tips for expats overseas

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KE0EYJ, Dec 18, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This isn't ham, but it is a form of comms, I guess. As an expat living overseas, I often found I missed watching many of my favorite TV programs, and live TV (or recorded live / delayed, in some cases) for news in English.

This won't be useful to Americans (other than that you can easily install these apps in the USA with no problem), but anyone not in the USA who wants English programming might find it beneficial. Basically teaching you how to view the legal "free with ads movie and TV channels" one can get which are offered by Sony, Paramount, Roku, and others. Along with streaming channels for local and national news:

Link:

https://thestingyham.blogspot.com/2022/12/accessing-free-streaming-american-tv.html

2. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

This may be a little bit off topic. I have travelled to probably enough countries to make DXCC via "eyeball QSOs".

I always found it humorous in 1970s Japan to watch old American movies where the English speaking actor's voices were dubbed over in Japanese. The subtitles were in English, but obviously translated from Japanese back into English.

The John Wayne movies were the most fun to watch/read.