ad: Retevis-1

WA2CDL SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA2RAS, May 6, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2RAS

WA2RAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Andy, WA2CDL suddenly passed away May 4, 2023.

He was always trying to help other hams and loved amateur radio.
    He probably had the largest collection of wonderful vintage gear in 2-land.
    He was my best friend and he will be very greatly missed.

Jeff, WA2RAS

2. NZ4X

NZ4X Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Swapmeet Lead QRZ Page

Sorry for the loss of your best friend Jeff. Rest in peace Andy.

3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Andrew M. Kirschenbaum, WA2CDL SK

Andrew Michael Kirschenbaum
    August 6, 1952 – May 4, 2023
    IN THE CARE OF
    Boulevard-Riverside Chapels
    Andrew Michael Kirschenbaum, age 70, of West Hempstead, New York passed away on Thursday, May 4, 2023. Andrew was born in New York, NY.
    A graveside service for Andrew will be held Friday, May 5, 2023 from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM at Mount Hebron Cemetery, 130-04 Horace Harding Expy, Flushing, NY 11367.
    Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.boulevardriversidechapel.com for the Kirschenbaum family.
    https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/hewlett-ny/andrew-kirschenbaum-11278708

4. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

Our community has lost a tremendous asset and an irreplaceable wealth of knowledge. I will miss our regular chats that could be about anything and everything.
    I sincerely hope that his collection is treated with the care and respect it deserves.

5. WB2ERS

WB2ERS Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, unbelievable. I was just at his house a couple of months ago to drop off a repair.
    I didn't even know he had any health issue.
    I'm sure he will be well accepted by the Lord.

6. WI2M

WI2M Ham Member QRZ Page

Andy embodied all that was good about Amatuer Radio, a wealth of knowledge and a kind heart to match. Always willing to help his fellow ham with his knowledge. I never heard Andy upset in general or particular to any one. He will be missed. 73 “Commercial Drivers License”

7. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw Andy at NEAR-Fest just a few days before he passed. I stopped several times at his table as I made my rounds. He looked fine and was his usual self. We will miss him at NEAR-Fest. It won’t be the same without him.
    RIP my friend.
    MisterMike, W1RC

IMG_8279.jpeg

8. NE1S

NE1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a photo from the AM dinner at the most recent NEARFest. This event was less than a week before Andy left us. If you look carefully you can see Andy's face behind and between George N2LJO and Mark KA2QFX. I was sitting at the same table as Andy, but I'm not in the photo 'cuz I was taking it. -Larry, NE1S
    IMG_0115.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2023