ad: AbAuRe-1

W0CHP Pi-Star Dashboard — An Awesome Upgrade!

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K0LWC, Jul 24, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I finally got around to installing the WØCHP Pi-Star image on my RPi3B+/DVMEGA hotspot. It’s a phenomenal upgrade to Andy’s original Pi-Star. It’s awesome to see hams collaborate for the betterment of the ham community by donating their time and expertise to projects like this!

If you’re a Pi-Star user this is worth a look!

2. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

That's one way of looking at it.

However, the other hand is that community has had to step-up because someone else won't. A number of these things were items people tried to get the Pi-Star people to implement. But they would not hear any of it. For example...W0CHP is working on supporting boards other than Pi. The Pi-Star people, even with the "supply shortages" still making Pi's outrageously expensive; they will actually censor anything that talks about running their software in some other way.

The Pi-Star people might make the most used MMDVM software package; but the way the operate is anti-ham. "Our way or STFU".

3. W2LPC

W2LPC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

curl -Ls https://w0chp.net/WPSD-Install | sudo env NO_SELF_UPDATE=1 bash -s -- -idc
    This script no longer works. Does anyone have a good overlay script for pi-star?

4. W2PMS

W2PMS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That overlay install method is no longer supported. You now just go to w0chp.net and download a disk image for burning to an SD card.

5. KC3UEP

KC3UEP Ham Member QRZ Page

This new Dashboard/Pi-Star image is brilliant. So much better than the original one. It even comes with a super easy to use calibration tool. I love it :)

6. W2LPC

Understood. Thank you for the information. 73' de W2LPC.

7. VE3NY

VE3NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

kc3uep I can't seem to get the mmdvm calibration tool to work. Clidk on Start and indicator light stays red. Any advice?

Tom VE3NY

8. W2LPC

17Feb24. Downloaded latest Pi-Star image from W0CHP. Default login of "pi-star" and "raspberry" DO NOT WORK. I can not gain access to the bash prompt. Any ideas? Thanks. 73' de W2LPC.