ad: Halibut-1

W0AAL - Ernie Wise (SK)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W0AAL, Apr 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W0AAL

W0AAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My father, W0AAL, went to be with the Lord on April 18th, 2018. He was 96 years old at the time of his passing. He was married to my mother for 74.5 years, until her passing on March 1st of this year. After she died, I knew he wasn't long for this world. You see, my parents were two peas in a pod; they did everything together.

My father had many passions. Besides the Lord and his family, he rode a motorcycle until he was 89 years old. Through the years, he did countless cross country trips on his BMW's with my brothers, and even my mother at one time. He also loved amateur radio. I assume that passion was started when he served in the Army Signal Corps during WWII. I know he received his call sign (which was his original) in the late 40's, and he typically worked 20 and 75 meters, SSB. As you can guess from his age, all of his old ham buddies are also SK's. However, I felt it is only proper to give him a tribute on QRZ for a hobby he truly loved.

My father ran the good race... 2 Timothy 4:7

KK4UDN

http://www.washburn-mcreavy.com/obituaries/Ernice-Wise/#!/Obituary

AK5B likes this.