ad: CQMM-1

Vondon KJ8I

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by NN8Y, Oct 5, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NN8Y

NN8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

William "Vondon" Applegate passed away last Friday evening, Oct 1, 2021. Even though he's my neighbor, many of you probably know him better than I do, as he is a long-time veteran of amateur radio. Godspeed, Vondon!

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

William V. Applegate, KJ8I SK

[​IMG]

William Vondon Applegate
    February 8, 1945 - October 1, 2021

William Vondon Applegate, 76 years of age, of Peebles, Ohio, passed away on Friday, October 1, 2021, at the Hospice of Hope Care Center at Kenton Pointe, in Maysville, Kentucky.
    William was born in Wilmington, Ohio, on February 8, 1945, the son of the late William and Ethel (Harmon) Applegate. After graduating from Peebles High School, he worked as a crane operator. William attended the Locust Grove Wesleyan Tabernacle. He was a former member of both the Franklin and the Peebles Volunteer Fire Departments, and he enjoyed spending time as a ham radio operator.
    William was preceded in death by his parents. He is survived by his wife, Peggy (Rhoads) Applegate, whom he married on September 26, 1965. He also leaves a son, Tim (Laura) Applegate, of Peebles; and a daughter, Tammy Peach, also of Peebles; as well as two sisters, Delores Turley, of California; and Barbara Juergens, of Arizona. William will be missed by his four grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, and one great, great-grandchild.
    Family and friends may pay their respects during visitation on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm, at the Locust Grove Wesleyan Tabernacle, in Locust Grove, Ohio.
    Funeral services for William will be held following visitation on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 1:00 pm, at the Locust Grove Wesleyan Tabernacle, in Locust Grove, Ohio. Richard Williams will officiate the ceremony. Burial will follow in the Locust Grove Cemetery, in Peebles.
    In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made in William's memory to the Franklin Fire Association, 167 Elliott Avenue, Peebles, Ohio 45660, or to the Peebles Volunteer Fire Department, 182 Elm Street, Peebles, Ohio 45660.
    Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Wallace-Thompson Funeral Home. Please visit us at www.wallacethompsonfuneralhomes.com to sign our online guestbook.

https://www.wallacethompsonfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/William-Applegate/#!/Obituary

3. VE3ABH

VE3ABH Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.P. My old Friend Will miss you
    Joe ve3abh

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

1 A SALUTE TO ALL 2021.jpg

RESPECTFULLY,

5. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KJ8I hi bill rrespect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem