ad: CQMM-1

VK5QD Aubrey (Aub) McKibben

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G2YT, Nov 21, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G2YT

G2YT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Silent Key. Sadly as of 21st November 2023 Aub is no longer with us.

2. VK2FR

VK2FR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sad news indeed Peter. My thoughts are with family and friend's of Aubrey. He will be sadly missed in the ham radio community.

G2YT likes this.
  3. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I HAVE KNOWN AUBREY FOR MANY YEARS,,, HE WILL BE SORELY MISSED R.I.P. AUBREY de DAN

G2YT likes this.
  4. VK4FUQ

VK4FUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes that is very sad news. I first met Aub when he had the call vk4afo around the mid 198o's and I had the pleasure of visiting him when he and his XYL Lyn resided in Malanda on the Atherton Tablelands on several occasions over the years.

Our paths crossed many times over the years and we had many great contacts over the years mainly as well on 20 m. He was a wonderful person, intelligent, pleasant, and a true gentleman in every way. One of the best actually. It was an honour to have met and known Aub. RIP my friend Aub ex vk4afo as he was when I first met him. Regards, Felix vk4fuq.

G2YT, VK3DAE and VK5FB like this.
  5. G1IZQ

G1IZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad news very nice man and good mate rip my old friend 73s Tom g1izq

G2YT likes this.
  6. VK4XY

VK4XY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to read that Aub has passed away. I have many happy memories of QSOs with him over the years. 73s de Don VK4XY.

G2YT likes this.
  7. GI4BTG

GI4BTG Ham Member QRZ Page

G2YT likes this.
  8. ZL4AI

ZL4AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad News. Sorry will not hear yoy again Aub. ZL4AO

G2YT likes this.
  9. MI0DBN

MI0DBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad to hear of the passing of Aubrey . I had several nice qso around July 2023 onwards on 20 metres after I returned to the radio hobby after a 15 year break . we spoke about the radio ulster mast at lisburn extensively . His parents were originally from Lisburn area and he had visited it in his youth . Rest in peace Aub from liam in lurgan County Armagh .

G2YT likes this.