ad: MultusSDR-1

Violetta, KM4ATT interviewed by Tim, K3LR at 2018 CTU in Dayton, OH

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jun 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. W8QAS

W8QAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Tim, this a great interview. If anyone has a good quality video of Violetta's Youth Forum presentation, please let me know. I would like to get a copy or capture it so that the family has a copy. 73, W8QAS

2. K5JEP

K5JEP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the pleasure of talking to her back in 2016...her family is Amish...very bright and intelligent little lady. Was a pleasure to speak with her on HF. Way to go Violetta!

3. N0AH

N0AH Ham Member QRZ Page

This is always fantastic to see more young people with the determination to learn about this hobby. There is a huge IRLP industry building- yet ask 10,000 college graduates how a radio works, and you'll get blank stares- We are going to loose jobs to this industry unless we get serious about allowing and accepting 21st century technologies into our hobby and promoting more VHF and above activities. I hope that the ARRL eventually reaches out to the millions of students involved in technical clubs such as the Technology Student Association, BEST and FIRST Robotics, where there are so many growth opportunities and reasons for these students to get licensed. Students in these clubs, that number on the tens of thousands, just don't know about all the things we can offer because we keep catering to the HF crowd. I am sorry to say this, but it is true. HF is so important because it easily shows the relationship to antennas and frequencies, etc....but everything in the future really is what this young YL is doing with satellites, etc....Violetta, I hope you find a place as a spokesperson for this great hobby of our's! And to Tim, you have always been an ardent supporter of youth in the hobby. And I agree, Mom and Dad, you are doing a great job- Perhaps a visit to to the VLA in New Mexico would be a fun adventure seeing what happens at an average of 400Ghz! They need college interns to work there.......talk about another growing industry- New Mexico Technical University is located in Socorro, NM, and Skyler, KD0WHB is working at the VLA as an intern now- he has a pretty cool youtube page full of what he has done in VHF/UHF frequencies at Skyler F. Sorry for the long winded reply but so glad to see this YL and Tim- and hear of KM4ATT's accomplishments- best 73 Paul N0AH

4. KM4NOW

KM4NOW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Especially if she did DX100 in 11 months. Lucky girl to grow up in a place where she can learn and do so much.

KF7WAG likes this.
  5. KD9HGO

KD9HGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Good interview. Three cheers for homeschoolers! :)
    KM4ATT, 73 de KD9HGO, yym #170!

6. VK5PAS

VK5PAS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was very fortunate to work Violetta back in 2016. I was her first ever contact to Australia (VK). A lovely young lady.

Paul VK5PAS.