Video shows intentional jamming of 2m repeater tracked to SoCal HAM

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KJ6FYX, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB3LW

AB3LW Ham Member QRZ Page

Theres an alternative to going out and DF a jammer. Just analyze local politics and you may find out what provoked it. and thereby who.
    Go after the root of the problem or else it repeats every spring.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. AB3LW

2 meters is not ham radio in true form anymore. Many of these clickish repeater groups should be on private part 90 systems anyway. (snobs hogging repeater pairs)

LFA : giving up on ham radio now is like not driving anymore because of one bumpy road. Hang in there, youre not the only one that has felt that way.

I have elmered ppl in the past, Nowadays i give them a scanner and tell them to make sure there is enough ppl that you would like to talk to before you even study for a license or buy a radio. If all you want to do is use 2m.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. AB3LW

New ppl coming into the hobby should be steered into the right groups initially so that there are fewer clashes of our diversity. ex. dont go to a repeater frequented by cops and complain about a ticket. ex. dont talk about your favorite conservative talk show on a repeater frequented by liberals. etc...

The way it is now we throw cats into a ring with dogs with no guidance.

Licensing should be done locally by clubs that could steer ppl away from hostile clicks and others that they would clash with. Social interaction for a time in a club where it can be taught how to get along and not try to be where not wanted.

If an OO would step in once in while and just say " hey dude, you dont fit there" in a nice but firm way.
    before there are any hard feelings or clash on the air

Well that's my opinion, Fire away, my shields are up.

4. K4WGE

K4WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

I notice he removed the picture of his wife from his QRZ page. Maybe she left him.:)

5. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would say that what you have is pretty compelling evidence, but I'm not sure FCC will agree. It is certainly more than enough for them to start an inquiry, though. One thing I would advise, though, would be to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you are poking a mentally incompetent individual through the bars of his cage. A direction finder that uses comparative phases instead of signal strength might be more persuasive, too. It's very unlikely, but possible that someone on the other side of the ham you suspect is using a directional antenna and lots of power to make it look like it's coming from his house. You need to rule that out, in order to have a solid case.

6. AB3LW

Also rule out an ht in a bag in the woods on a tree near his house set to crossband repeat thats set to repeat an frs radio.

Someone will get their TH-78a back as a supository if i ever find out who pulled that one.

7. AB3LW

If you know who it is simply tell him that ya'll give noisy battery chargers and touch lamps to all his neighbors and he will have no receive if he dont be good. LOL

If he listens to am radio or shortwave at all , he will comply.

8. AB3LW

Mail him an invitation to a foxhunt and tell him he's welcome to play. And he can go hide the fox on saturdays.

Diplomacy and reasoning may work better and faster than the FCC.

9. AB3LW

And if all else fails, Grab him, and bring him to the party at the clubhouse, to resolve it in a nice friendy way

I was vulgar once and got grabbed and thrown into a van taken for a ride. And told about cussing at someones old lady. As she was told not to be a b@#ch. And we had a "let bygones be bygones" party. We are still friends to this day.

Probably some law against that tactic though.
    But it sounds more legal than pulling down a tower or damaging property as some have suggested.
    And it sure worked on me:eek: . I was well behaved for years after that one.

10. AB3LW

MOD; May as well delete the rest of my posts, cause now it makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.