ad: MLSons-1

VA QSO Party - 17-18 March 2018

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WJ4U, Mar 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

2018 Virginia QSO Party is held during the 3rd full weekend in March.
    Full information on SPARC qsl.net site

Contact Virginia’s 95 Counties and 38 Independent Cities for clean sweep.

[​IMG]

There is one rule change for the 2018 Virginia QSO Party. The ending time on Saturday has been extended by two (2) hours from 18 March 0200 to 18 March 0400 UTC (i.e., 1000 AM to 1200 Midnight local time in Virginia). This was in response to the most requested change, i.e., longer duration on Saturday to allow stations more opportunity to contact the west coast of the US on 40/80M.

2. KA4AQM

KA4AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is kinda after the fact...

I participated in the 2018 VAQSOP. I worked strictly 40m and had a real challenge. Many qsops have been plagued with 40m being too long during daylight hours to work stations in-state. It’s not impossible, just very difficult. I spent quite a bit of time with BITC (butt in the chair), so I gave it my best. But what I want to do here is thank all those states outside Virginia who participated so that our qsop would be successful. 85 to 90 percent of my contacts were out of state. If not for those out of state contacts, my log wouldn’t be worth submitting. And to those folks who reached out, I will ask that you submit your log to the VA qsop committee so you can get a real nice certificate....you earned it! Thanks to all who made this qsop happen, especially the WL9Z who answered my “CQ, Virginia qso party” and almost caused me to fall out of my chair. See everyone next year!

Randy
    KA4AQM
    Chesapeake Va

KA2K and WJ4U like this.