ad: Radclub22-1

USPS rates drop

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ4U, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WD5JOY

WD5JOY Ham Member QRZ Page

It will be short lived.

NA1S likes this.
  3. W4KSL

W4KSL Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen the price of just about everything under the sun go up and I have always been a big complainer when it happens but I've never thought that stamps were all that high anyway. How many places are willing to take something 2000 miles and just charge 50 cents. Not a bad deal really.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

They what to make sure you can send your tax payment in after charging you so much income tax. :eek:

5. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

more, even! you can send a letter from ME to GU or AS for that same stamp ... that's a lot more than 2,000 miles!

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I already have a whole buncha STAMPS!! by the time I use them up, they will have raised the rates again!

7. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Since as stated in this release, "The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations."
    "The Postal Service will lose approximately $2 billion in annual revenue resulting from a price reduction mandated by the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) — which will go into effect on Sunday, April 10.
    The PRC granted an exigent surcharge beginning in January 2014 on mailing products and services totaling $4.6 billion to recover for the massive volume and revenue losses resulting from the Great Recession. However, this amount only partially offsets Postal Service revenue losses — which the Postal Service estimates exceeded $7 billion in 2009 alone.

I ask, how long can this keep up before tax Dollars are used to shore up this insolvency?

P.S.
    The Puerto Rico bailout is next!