ad: Halibut-1

Use your radio to send SMS text messages! (New method)

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KM6LYW, Oct 27, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM6LYW

KM6LYW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to Michael Phelps NA7Q, we're back in the APRS Radio-to-SMS business! "SMSGTE" is currently offline, so let's use the new "SMS" gateway instead. Two-way text messaging between APRS-enabled radios and phones is now simple and easy.

Start here, http://theconnectdesk.com/SMS

Be sure to "opt-in" any phone numbers you'll be using.

2. N9CVR

N9CVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you!!!
    Just fyi for those who don't/can't click links, the connectdesk URL doesn't work; the correct link is aprs.wiki/SMS.
    SO pumped that APRS - SMS is back!!

3. VK5OHR

VK5OHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice! :cool:

4. NA7Q

NA7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

APRS.wiki is the new official domain for SMS. Be sure all SMS users consent to receiving messages by opting in!

If you want SMS in your country, please contact and we can make it happen!

5. KJ7HNU

KJ7HNU Ham Member QRZ Page

My call sign is KJ7HNU and I have been using aprs wiki for about a week now,and suddenly my phone and radio are no longer able to connect for sms messages? Can someone please help me resolve this matter?

6. KJ7HNU

7. KJ7HNU

Hello Michael,
    Can you please help me to get reconnected to the aprs wiki gateway, as my sms to and from my radio and my phone has stopped working.
    I can see in aprs fi, that my messages are being logged successfully, but nothing is appearing in my messaging app anymore.
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as I have really enjoyed being able to send sms to my radio and back again.