ad: Mountaingoat-1

Upcoming Price Increases : Jameco letter

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W9GB, May 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9GB

W9GB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Jameco’s CEO, James Farrey sent this letter to customers today (May 12, 2021).
    ==
    Hi Valued Customer,

We continue to experience additional delays with congestion in Asia and the West Coast ports. We are also experiencing other challenges in raw materials shortages, IC shortages, and significant labor increases.

These challenges are causing the cost of raw materials to rise, and suppliers are passing these costs on to us. We have held off raising prices on many products, but we want to communicate that our costs on specific products will be increasing in the next few weeks.

Please take advantage of our on-hand inventory at the current prices while supplies last!

Sincerely,
    James Farrey
    Chief Executive Officer

Jameco Electronics
    1355 Shoreway Road
    Belmont, CA 94002
    https://www.jameco.com/

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I got a copy of that letter. I like Jameco. When I was a teenager they were called James Electronics.

they are sort of local. In thwe Before Times I went the will call desk frequently, but they closed it because of the pandemic.

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was announced today that Consumer Prices have risen 4%.

Economists have been predicting rising inflation for this Spring due to materials/product shortages and rising savings and corporate cash holdings.

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In reality if you look around there's a lot more than 4% increase in inflation/ just see what a new car cost or a 2x4 if you can get one.

KB0QIP, KP4SX, KX8C and 1 other person like this.
  5. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh gosh, yes. I'm looking for a car; seeing older models with many more miles, going for $3k to $4k more than the one I got rid of a year ago! Sheesh.

K0UO likes this.