ad: Alphaant-1

Universal Radio Closing: Retirement

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KA0HCP, Nov 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K3SSB

K3SSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So sorry to see you go. I've always enjoyed purchasing the odds and ends necessary to keep the spark in the hobby alive. Enjoy your retirement. The issue going forward will be finding the time to do all the things that you've been planning. A satisfied customer.

GL es 73 de K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

2. W8ENO

W8ENO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The day after I received my licence I went to universal and bought a used TS2000x .. my 1st HF radio. Thanks for all you do/did for the hobby and myself!
    Mark - W8ENO

3. KF2ZZ

KF2ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, this is a big loss. :(

I would have hoped that someone competent would have bought the business!
    Enjoy your retirement and thanks for all of your past assistance - it will be missed.

:)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    KC1ILH likes this.
  4. K8VSY

K8VSY QRZ Lifetime Member #496 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Universal Radio was where I got my first radio. I always liked supporting them as they are local and they have been wonderful and help every time I had questions.

They will be missed.

5. KA1KLO

KA1KLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Enjoyed every page on your informative Website. Hope you have a Wonderful Retirement, Godspeed!

6. KE0DM

KE0DM Ham Member QRZ Page

hope the best for you two.

7. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

'Aloha Oe' for a wonderful informative web site and a friendly store and service. :cool:
    Mahalo to you both.
    G3SEA/KH6

8. KF7JNF

KF7JNF Ham Member QRZ Page

Like Spock of Star Trek used to leave off with, "Live Long and Prosper". Funny that it takes a line from favorite movie that we grew up with to bring the best line for "see you later" to the forefront. I retired after 44 years in the fire/ems service just last year, and even though I thought I'd hang in there to have 50 years on the books, I am not getting any younger, and time is shorter than any of us think.
    You and Barbara enjoy the retirement to the fullest, remember to say I Love You every morning and night. My wife used to tell me that every blessed time when I went out the door on a call, because she knew that might be the last time we said that important phrase that is the glue that holds many relationships together.

So, "drive it like you stole it!!"
    David
    73's
    KF7JNF

KD1KU and KC1ILH like this.
  9. W9WR

W9WR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very hapy for Fred and Barb as they reach a new chapter in their lives! Having them as a client years ago was a real pleasure! And having them as friends for these years continues to be a blessing.

Two wonderful people. I will miss being their ongoing customer, for certain.

W9WR

10. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish that the owners would have put the business up for sale instead of closing it. Maybe the owners did and there was no interest. They had a simple and old fashioned looking website, but it was effective. They had a broader range of communications equipment than their competitors. They had books that other vendors did not. They will be missed.

11. KC9VFI

KC9VFI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Enjoy your retirement and will miss your great service from the past years

12. W6UXB

W6UXB Ham Member QRZ Page

God bless you both, you have always been very good to me. Retirement is great, 73 Geoff

13. AD5NM

AD5NM Ham Member QRZ Page

Universal Radio created many memories for many including myself. After my military retirement I drove tractor trailer for a few years in which I could stop in and if I bought something while I was there for the truck I could stay put until it was installed. That was quite a few years ago. Wonderful folks there and I'd like to wish them the very best in their retirement.

14. K4WPC

K4WPC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have deposited some cash your way over the years. Thanks, and the very best to you in your retirement.

15. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent website and extremely professional service.

Good luck and best wishes in your retirement!