Tunisia issues personal licenses to operate

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, Jan 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very good news indeed!!

Dave
    W7UUU

2. EA2XG

EA2XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations to our tunisian hobby partners

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

The More the Merrier! :)

4. KI4QVB

KI4QVB Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoy, good news.

5. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From where I live - mediterranean area is the most frequently covered area with Israel and Canary islands being on the border for the first E layer reflection. Italians and Russians are the most frequent contacts that can be made from here.

So Tunisia should be pretty easy for me.

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

(I gotta post this. Extremely groovy,
    Manhattan Transfer - Another Night in Tunisia (a cappella) with Bobby McFerrin and John Hendricks

(I have a huge crush on Janis Siegel. Took my GF to 3 MT shows last year. Sat in front. Drooled on myself. Now I have a crush on Cheryl Bentene too.)

oh, serious ham biz: I hope the new OPs get some "Italian amplifiers" and visit the west coast!

7. K5PYT

K5PYT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Only three operators? Must be a bear of an exam... :)

KA2TMU likes this.
  8. KB0MLR

KB0MLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting. Even under a communist totalitarian dictatorship Cuba has had individual stations as I have worked more than half a dozen different ones.

9. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

I lived in Turkmenistan! It was legal to have a Ham license (Back then), but I never bothered..There was so much corruption, I did not want to end up in their jail. I was there for 12 months...I brought my Ham equipment, but simply sold to a Turkmenistan Ham operator...It was about 23 years ago...!

About Tunisia, I was in North Africa, including Morocco, Egypt, Libya, and in the Middle East..Tunisia ironically is consider the most progressive (Towards Europe way of life)..I am surprised to see the late delay of having Ham operations at their home....

Welcome Tunisia Ham Operators!

I was in Morocco with my Ham equipment, That was a blast! (Met my wife there as well / She is on my QRZ Page). Met with CN8ST.(Tarrick) while I was there...We had way to much fun! I was there about 8 months..

Cheers

NN2X
    Tom

NH7RO likes this.
  10. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent. Clubs are fine, but not to have a personal station since independence must have rankled. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting this friendly, beautiful and historic country and wish all the operators success and good DX, inshallah.