ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Three Parks on the Air!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Sep 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Three Parks on the Air!

Last weekend three members of Worksop Amateur Radio Society set out to activate three Parks, as part of the Parks on the Air Scheme (POTA).

Andy 2E0UAW, setup and activated Bassetlaw Show Ground G-0461, which is located in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.

Phil 2E0FJQ setup and activated Vicar Water Country Park G-0444, which is in what would have been Sherwood forest, I believe.

Paul M0PJA activated The Lincolnshire Wolds ANOB G-0075 from Normanby Top, not far from the Radar Station which some of you will know.

I have heard many people say 2m is dead, well that’s not something I saw.
    I started calling CQ on Saturday morning at 08:22 (BST) and had 22 QSOs by 10:15 – not the rubber stamp type either. Thanks to everyone that answered my CQ.

I have really found that POTA is very accessible, as my health has deteriorated, I have been unable to activate SOTA Summits, however, Parks on the Air (POTA) has given me a new lease of life as I am able to operate from a Motor Vehicle.

All the above activations were on 2m FM with additional HF in some cases. Thanks to everyone that called in.

If you would like to join the fun please visit parksontheair.com

Paul M0PJA

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/september/three-parks-on-the-air.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]