The TYT TH-9800 Quad Band Transceiver now released

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4TEC, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VE3WI

VE3WI Ham Member QRZ Page

The Diamond CR8900A is a mobile 10m/6m/2m/70cm antenna designed for the Yaesu FT8900R quad-band FM transceiver. I got one recently. It works OK on 2m & 70cm, haven't travelled anywhere with 10m or 6m repeater activity yet. It has several length adjustments to tune each band. I used an analyzer and got reasonable SWRs. Not much bandwidth obviously. The manual says it has to be used with a mount grounded to the vehicle, not a mag mount. I'm using a Diamond lip mount with setscrews that bite through the paint (which will need touching-up when I remove the ant).

This TYT unit looks similar to the Yaesu, so the antenna should work with it.

Dave
    VA3DLN

2. YO7MGH

YO7MGH Ham Member QRZ Page

In the back of the transceiver on data port it's a mini USB connector.
    That is the pin out of data port ?
    It can be used for APRS packet radio communication ?

Thank you !

3. N2KPR

N2KPR Ham Member QRZ Page

TYT TH9800

I have one of these and everyone that I talk to says I am over modulated. Is there a fix for this?

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Speak quieter, talk further from the mic, use a different mic, mechanically modify the mic (with tape or paint or something), install an attenuator in the mic, install an attenuator in the radio, etc.

Granted there may be an adjustment you can make through the menu, but there are many other ways.

5. SV4NLA

SV4NLA Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't understand, why the manufacturers put the 10 m band instead of 4 m band (70 MHz) on quad band tranceivers? :confused: This is pointless (for me). If someone wants the 10 m band, he can have a pure HF radio (0-30 MHz). ;)

6. KC9UDX

Because 10m is legal to operate on in more places than 4m.

Why do HF radios come with 6m? Why do VHF radios come with 10m? Why does a "pure HF" radio come with 160m?

7. SV4NLA

SV4NLA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you're right! I searched and found that in most places 4m are for use on a secondary basis and for experimental reasons only. That's why manufacturers don't produce equipment for the 4m band. Ok, thanks!

8. KC9UDX

I wish they'd do 4m instead of 10m anyway. I hope someday we get 4m!

9. KB1QZH

KB1QZH Ham Member QRZ Page

does this have the same low output power on high power like the Wouxun KG-950p on 10 and 6?
    kb1qzh

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why is there air?

"Simple. It's to pump up basketballs and footballs."

--Bill Cosby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.