The Email Robots are coming to the phone bands!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6TY, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Larry, you honestly sound so much like Rush Limbaugh that you might be related.

In any case, have your hearing checked frequently. Rush lost his. Probably from all that shouting TRUTH

2. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

TRUTH
    The majority of amateur radio operators obviously oppose the ill-conceived and heavily biased ARRL bandwidth proposal (based on the percentages shown by comments to RM-11306).  What else need be said?

The majority will rule, the rest of you can just go pee up a rope.

It's all so very simple when you think about it.

3. K4CJX

K4CJX Ham Member QRZ Page

TRUTH:

There are well over 7700 people with US licenses using the Winlink 2000 system on HF, who would, if asked, email comments to the FCC supporting RM-11306, not to mention those who are recipients of the system.

However, "mail bombing" the FCC at this point is not the proper process.

Out of all the Amateurs involved with the process, 900, 1000 or 2000 is not a significant number.

I would personally like to see the logic against the proposed rule making stick out of the crowd rather than see it lost in larger numbers.  It only strengthens the process for adoption.

Steve, k4cjx

4. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

Personally, I thought the logic against the proposal was presented very well by quite a number of individuals.

There's little left to discuss Steve.  You support this thing ... I and many others don't.  We're going to put forth whatever effort is necessary to stop it.  The proposal is biased as written, full of technical flaws, and is grossly unfair to > 95% of all amateurs.  Three valid reasons to "just say no to RM-11306".  And many did just that. Don't look up when you use that rope!

5. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that's quite a few. I thought I heard someone mention something like fewer than 20 here, and 25 semi-automatic bots in Europe. Well, how much effort does it take to make all 7700 of those WL2K set ups PMBO robots? Click of a mouse?

That's quite a lot of QRM if they were to try to find each other.

And, at roughly $1000 per box, Peter's doing all right for himself. $7.7Million gross revenue. Not bad.

6. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve you did ask the 1100+ members of the wl2kemcomm mailing list to give comments in favor of the proposal repeatedly.

looks to me like most of the users of winlink in that group found it not even worth to respond for whatever reason.

7. AE4TM

AE4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

Lee, do you suggest suing the ARRL? How about the FCC? How about anyone else attempting to promote new technology in the amateur bands?

Ed

http://ecjones.org/

8. WA5BEN

WA5BEN Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem with your post is that there are NO "robots" involved. Absolutely EVERY contact to which you refer is initiated by a licensed ham.

9. WA5BEN

Do you really want us to believe that you fail to understand? I think you actually fully understand and just want to play silly games.

First of all, why would all of the users want to become PMBO? The FACT is that if they did, they could not use the system. PMBO cannot originate traffic. They can only respond and accept traffic.

Secondly, the client software is rather drastically different from the PMBO software.

Thirdly, many of the HF users mentioned have KAM. These are capable only of PACTOR I. Others have only PACTOR II.

Lastly, compared to the AVERAGE cost of a 2000 bps plus HF modem, $1000.00 is a relatively cheap price. (The average price is well over $20,000.00 USD.)

10. WA5BEN

There is a time when the truth must be stated. When great lies are being put forth, I think it is appropriate to state the truth.

Unlike Limbaugh, I have no desire to be perceived as "THE TRUTH". Even when I find myself (rarely) in general agreement with him about something, I still think he is the South end of a North-bound horse.

The horse's rear with whom you may agree is still a horse's rear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.