ad: Halibut-1

Ten Meters - A very good band

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

K0PJG writes "I was using an Argonaut 509 in 1978-9, QRP. A mighty 2 watts out on CW es SSB. The Band was open es I had just put together a home brew solar panel using 36 4" dia cells. A whopping 1.5 amp panel. Used it on Field Day with the 509. Antenna was a T.E.T. 4 elem tri-band beam. That set up es Ten mtrs being open to the World, made me very interested in Ham Radio again. This present cycle of course is not as good of an opening as the 1978-9 opening was, but still fun none the less. My present "interest" in Ham radio is AM, with old tube equipment. Great audio. Working the World on Ten Mtrs again, but using a different mode / equipment, ( Same old T.E.T. antenna though )
    and having fun with the Hobby again.

As some of you know, I have written about illegal ten meter activity from MX under Talk es Opinion. I have been met with courtesy and professionalism from the folks in MX es our FCC. Even our State Dept. got in the act. All over one Ham's complaint. The end result seems to be that the 400 logs compiled by Ham's at the request of the ARRL, from Oct 1, through Oct 14, 2000 are being requested by the US -MX Joint Commision on interference. I have received e mail from Riley Hollingsworth that he is assisting on this effort. Our Co-chairman on this Commission (CMERAR) is Mr van Doorn of our FCC.

We need to stand united behind the folks who can help get rid of the illegal activities on the Ten Mtr Band. Squabbling amoungst ourselves
    isnt going to get the job done. As we all know, Washington is slow to move until enough pressure is applied. Then, by George, lets apply the pressure. Using a scatter gun approach to this problem will not work. We must all write up a complaint about this subject es send it to our FCC. Do you know at least one other Ham that also owns a computer? Lets get with the program boys es stop all this back biting
    and sqabbling and get this job done. The monitoring has been done already. If anymore needs to be done then the Feds can do it. They have the equipment and the man power. Trust me, if this gets enough attention in Washington, you will be surprised at what the FCC can do.
    It just has to be made a top priorty. I think that saving Ham Radio is a Top Priorty. Try and run an emergency net with a bunch of UNLICENSED operations going on.....................

We, thats you and me are in Custodial Care of a Natural Resource. If we lose it to Unlicensed operators, then we are to blame, no one else. VOICE your opinion of the illegal ops that are on going to our FCC. Get in this ball game. STOP sitting on the sidelines whining about the FCC. DO write or e mail the FCC and or your Congressman.
    Please forgive spelling es grammer mistakes and forget the Cutsey responses / flames - just write your complaint and send it to the FCC
    Tom - K0PJG"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.