ad: cq2k-1

Technician One Day Class

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by N2PVP, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N2PVP

N2PVP Ham Member QRZ Page

The next Technician Class is set for Aug. 5 2006 please forward this to anyone who might want to attend.

FREE ENTRY LEVEL ONE DAY

AMATEUR RADIO CLASS

August 5, 2006 at 9:00 AM

With testing afterward

($14.00 fee required for test)

Sponsored by

Middletown R.A.C.E.S

CALL THE MIDDLETOWN

O.E.M TO REGISTER

Mon. to Fri. 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM

1-(732)-615-2129

2. wpe6fni

wpe6fni Banned

The statement below worries everybody, though we know what it REALLY MEANS! But I might add that who knows when that wil (FREE) actually happen and then Ham Radio goes down the "Tubes"!!! It's within the realm of possibility isn't it?

Posted: July 06 2006,13:13 QUOTE
    The next Technician Class is set for Aug. 5 2006 please forward this to anyone who might want to attend.

FREE ENTRY LEVEL ONE DAY

AMATEUR RADIO CLASS

August 5, 2006 at 9:00 AM
    fni

3. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

Pardon my ignorance, but what class of amateur callsign is 'WPE6FNI'?

Did the Vanity program start issuing 3x3s lately?

4. wpe6fni

wpe6fni Banned

N8YX!!!

Your IGNORANCE IS PARDONED!!!

Those types of SWL callsigns were issued to members of the old "Popular Electronics" magazine's SWL CLUB back in the 1960s!!!

As Paul Harvey use to say on his radio program way back when: "NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!"

fni

PS, thusly it would mean in layman's terms:
    W ( in the U.S)
    PE ( "Popular Electronics")
    6 (within Calif)
    FNI (meaning nothing in particular!)

5. KG6FFJ

KG6FFJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry but I don't understand....How can one expect to pass the test of Technician with only one day class?
    What's the scoop? Jim

6. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

you study the questions and the correct answers, and get a little primer on a few other crucial issues that would have ordinarily been picked up in high school physics. the idea is to get people on the air asap, and get the details down later.

it's not like the technician test is that tough ...

7. KI4NNL

KI4NNL Ham Member QRZ Page

For a person with even a slightly good reading comprehension (note I did not say intelligence, I am a moron with good reading comp!) can pass the tech test with only a few hours of study. I know I did.

8. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is an entry level license designed to be easily passed by an eighth grader, and could be passed by a seven year old, so why would anyone assume that it would take and adult more than a day? The same thing is done with all kinds of things requiring a license or certificate. One day, or weekend sessions to get the legal stuff out of the way. If you can get a forklift certification in a day, you should be able to get a ham license the same way, a lot fewer ways to kill someone with a ham radio.

Joe

9. N2PVP

N2PVP Ham Member QRZ Page

When people call to register for the class they are advised to pre study from one of the many books that are available. The day of the class is more of a cram session before taking the test at the end of the day. People seem to feel they have a better chance of passing this way and it gives them confidence. So far we have 45 people coming to the class next Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.