ad: M2Ant-1

SunSDR MB1 by Expert Electronics – Review and walk through

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, May 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

All companies were once small and unknown.
    I saw only one MB-1 in Kyiv. He stood broken and no one could repair it.
    There are no schematics or service manuals, and firmware is also not available. You can count only on the warranty.
    There was no guarantee for that device.

KB5CUS and VA2PV like this.
  2. AJ2I

AJ2I Ham Member QRZ Page

SunSDR2 was there for 3b7a, those guys did awesome!

VA2PV likes this.
  3. AB9TX

AB9TX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pascal nice video- thank you for sharing. How long does the rig take to boot fully?

VA2PV likes this.
  4. KE2TR

KE2TR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Just like the FlexRadio's, NO Schematics or service manuals and that is one very good reason I went for the Icom 7610 besides it also has an excellent SDR RX!

5. K9CQ

K9CQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This rig has already been out over 2 years. As AJ2I points out, same company that made the SunSDR2 rigs that went to the 3B7A DXpedition. I am pretty sure they will be around a while. A friend has an MB-1 and you can load your logging and digital mode stuff right onto the rig if you wanted to.

VA2PV likes this.
  6. K4CAE

K4CAE Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

$5,595.00

VA2PV likes this.
  7. K8TDN

K8TDN Subscriber QRZ Page

That's way beyond my needs or wants for this hobby. Also no way too justify purchase for a hobby.

W6ERM likes this.
  8. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the fact that you can use the internal computer to run your ham software and more. Connect two external monitors, keyboard and mouse and you have a nice little shack computer included in the price. (Intel Core i5 @ 3.0GHZ, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD) This takes the ICOM 7610 and Flex 6000 series a step further. I would like more details on SO2R operation, band pass filter specs, cw capabilities (QSK & Latency).

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    UB3DMF and VA2PV like this.
  9. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting that radio manufacturers are charging a pretty penny for this stuff. Who is their target market? It seems as if it's for "audophiles" for HAM. Most radios are creeping up in price - which is no wonder why Baofeng and the Chinese radios are becoming so popular.

10. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

They says it is the best for serious contesters and DXers. Ordinary ham will buy icom crap. They talk this in every icom topic on russian forums.

KB5CUS likes this.