ad: Halibut-1

Stewart Wayne McPherson, KE4GEV Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KC4TUM, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC4TUM

KC4TUM Ham Member QRZ Page

In Memoriam
    Stewart Wayne McPherson, KE4GEV
    October 6, 1957 - October 21, 2009

As Stewart's wife of 23 years, it is with great sadness that I add to this list of saints, KE4GEV. After years of suffering with diabetes and congestive heart failure, he finally lost his battle here on earth.

Stewart loved 2 meters who for years made his home on the WA4AOS repeater in Charlotte, NC as part of the SKYWARN Team as a Net Control, was a dedicated Christian and a devoted family man.

Stewart moved his family to Lewisville, Texas in 2002 and never made it back home to his friends in NC but missed them dearly. I will be arranging a memorial in May, 2010 when our son brings Stewarts' ashes home to be scattered in the mountains he loved. Please revisit this thread for updates or monitor the 145.35 repeater locally for information if you'd like to attend. Christopher, our son is maintaining his Facebook page for any who would like to post condonlences. Just send a "Friend Request" to gain access.
    Stewart's Facebook Memorial Account

Farewell my dear friend of so many years...we sure did string up alot of antennae and assembled alot of shacks together! God only knows how many nets we activated and called as a team.
    I miss you.
    73 & 88

Sincerely,
    Tammy Elaine McPherson Bentley
    KC4TUM

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.