ad: elecraft

St Patricks Day Special Event Station GB1SPD

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by MI0UFT, Feb 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. MI0UFT

MI0UFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

St Patrick’s Day Special Events Station GB1SPD

West Tyrone Amateur Radio Club which is based in Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland are running a special event station to celebrate St Patrick’s Day.

The station will be running on the weekend of the 16th & 17th March 2019.

The station will be operational from approximately 0930 to 1800hrs Saturday and from 10am to 1600hrs on Sunday.

Depending on band conditions, we will be operational on the following bands.

HF: 17 / 20 / 40 / 80 phone

HF: CW 20 meters

HF: PSK31 & FT8

2 meters & Echolink.

QSL cards will be sent out to all contacts.

W1TRY likes this.
  2. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouldn't that be distracted operating ?
    And / or OWI Operating while St. Patrick's Day .

Sure glad no-ones giving out tickets for that , oh wait maybe you are giving out tickets / QSL cards ;)

3. MI0UFT

4. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I think (yes i do sometimes) , that your reply in which you mentioned you aren't replying is a bit over the top imo .
    The stereotype of SPD is widely known as its on TV news very year with the green liquid and all the associated shenanigans (irish word too?) and if one could not see the humor with KD0CAC your fool graphics is very disappointing as we all know what actually goes on with the stereotype .

And to top that all off , the stereotype with the graphic in which says not to do yet does lol .

Reminds me of the Helicopter Pilot , it got cold in the Cabin , so the Pilot turned the Fan Off! .

:D Paul .

5. KD0CAC

I figure if people can not use humor in any subject , that is there loss .
    I do hang out with friends I grew with at a Irish bar on Paddy's day , but do not have a mobile setup .

6. MI0UFT

Sometimes The Best Response is No Response.
    On another note, I'm not Irish. I'm just a guest doing my bit for the Irish., but you were not aware of that.

7. KD0CAC

These days , I think the worst thing we can do - is to be politically correct ;)
    Will try to see if I can make it through propagation / or the lack of it .

8. MI0UFT

ditto