ad: Radclub22-1

Space Weather News 02/22/21

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KR2W, Feb 23, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KR2W

KR2W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. US4ET

US4ET Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU !!!!! from US4ET VICTOR . 73!!!!

M1WML and N5LKB like this.
  3. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

thank,s you thamitha dr-vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

M1WML and N5LKB like this.
  4. ZL1MTO

ZL1MTO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Always love watching your videos as they usually contain thorough information and are well explained. Just as an observation, you should try slow down a bit.....I know....maybe it is too much excitement for you explaining how the Sun works but it sounds you are in a such rush like the Earth is going to explode in a few minutes.
    Well done otherwise !! :)

M1WML and AK5B like this.
  5. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I'm sure she will change her entire production just for you. I think she's trying to accomodate to the masses that want shorter and shorter videos because of their gnat-like attention spans. Do you have a channel by chance that she could learn from?

M1WML, W1AU, KB9YYM and 1 other person like this.
  6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

It's ok to watch it several times. We do. If you watch regularly, she repeats many key phrases. Practice.

M1WML, AJ6KZ and N5LKB like this.
  7. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

And you can also go into Youtube, click on the gear and slow the playback down so everyone should be happy.

8. K4ANT

K4ANT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is an excellent product. thank for providing this content!

M1WML and AJ6KZ like this.
  9. EP5MKN

EP5MKN Ham Member QRZ Page

ok.is that means the hf propagation is going improve?
    thank you so much

M1WML likes this.
  10. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am the opposite for most ham Youtubes I speed up to 1.5 or 1.75 because I can process much faster even in my old age of 74 :) I am also very busy with many interests. I only slow down if want to rehear points, a chart etc. For thamitha I like her talk speed and use normal speed.

M1WML and HA3FLT like this.
  11. W0JKT

W0JKT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are better propagation experts here than me but have been studying a lot. Now we are at flux of 78 which is I believe the highest I have seen it since got back on the air this year. Also a few small sunspots which are basically what increases flux which creates the ionization we need at HF. We had very long period this year and late last of zero sunspots as we are trying to start Cycle 25 upswing.

Low 70s or even high 60s as it has been a few weeks ago is pretty marginal. Although I have been able to work Europe quite consistently on 20 from Maine when in the low 70s. I have also been able to work strong signals on 20 to Japan from the Phoenix area barefoot with 100w. Also had some good contacts on 17m even with low flux but depends on the time of day and other factors. Europe from East Coast maybe 3-5 AM MST (I am a night owl) and Japan from AZ late our afternoon.

As I recall flux at about 100 may bring 10m or 15m openings other than the Sperodic E we had luckily during the 10-10 contest a few weeks ago when we had great openings.

Great would be in the 150 area I believe with basically all HF bands open 24 hours.

Predictions for Cycle 25 are all over the place if will be small like 24 or near-record high like long ago. While we have lots of satellites, tracking sun data Ironscopes on earth and serious scientific studies with the most complex instruments, exactly how the sun is going to "perform" in each cycle is a mystery. And the solar storm stuff makes it more complicated. We can go from radio blackouts to high flux.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    M1WML likes this.
  12. ZL1MTO

ZL1MTO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have any shit. Just giving her an observation from someone who has done countless presentations for work in large corporate environments and has attended a number of training courses on presentations. So I think I know a thing or two about how to present something.
    Slowing down a bit will barely change the time of the video but it will be a lot more interesting particularly for those whose English is a second language.

13. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Which is why in a previous comment I said you need to use the settings in Youtube to slow the playback speed of the video down instead of expecting her to take every bit of advice thrown her way. While we're boasting of our speaking accomplishments I have had some experience with content creating on Youtube and I can tell you that the creator is damned if you do and damned if you don't. What that means if you're not familiar with that saying is... if she were to take your "advice" which seemed condescending, she would have someone else telling her to speed up. There is no winning with this divided society.

M1WML and W0JKT like this.
  14. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember back in the day when all we had for propagation predictions and solar indicators was listening to the high powered shortwave broadcast stations and WWV. if you hear the stations on 25 mhz and between 26 and 27 and the cb radio channels, if you heard them, you knew the bands were open. In the early summer end of May to early July, when tv channels 2,3,4,5 had the SKIP on them, then 6 meters was open.

M1WML and K9GLS like this.
  15. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like the network people to give her a spot on the evening news
    ...she would fascinate them I'm sure.
    Great reporting ma'am.
    From Bob KG4RRN/8 WV.

M1WML and W0JKT like this.